Sunil (Tutor in High Wycombe)
Related Links: Chemistry Tutors, KS3 Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, A-Level Chemistry Tutors, Computing Tutors, Adult Learner Computing Tutors, KS3 Computing Tutors, GCSE Computing Tutors, A-Level Computing Tutors, Ebay Lessons, Eleven Plus Lessons, English Tutors, Adult Learner English Tutors, General Science Lessons, Adult Learner General Science Tutors, KS3 General Science Tutors, GCSE General Science Tutors, A-Level General Science Tutors, Maths Tutors, Adult Learner Maths Tutors, KS3 Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, A-Level Maths Tutors, Physics Tutors, KS3 Physics Tutors, GCSE Physics Tutors, A-Level Physics Tutors, Search Engine Optimisation Lessons
Information about Sunil
I provide 1 on 1 tutoring in your own home, tailored to the student`s needs and the syllabus. I believe very much in getting a firm understanding of the basics of the subject, as a lack of solid foundations is the reason why many students struggle.
If you want to work with somebody who knows these academic subjects inside-out, who really cares about you getting the results you need, and who will go the extra mile to help you (or your child) succeed, then please get in touch.
I always aim to make the material as interesting as possible for students, which not only helps them focus, but also helps with understanding. For example, when teaching maths concepts, I try to use examples that are relevant to the student`s other interests.
I like to help students work methodically and step-by-step through questions/problems until they are able to easily solve themselves without help. In maths and verbal reasoning for example, I teach simple repeatable processes that students can master to get the right answers (and to show their working so as to get partial credit even if they make a mistake).
I am a Cambridge graduate (from St Catherine`s College, Cambridge). My degree was in Natural Sciences, which includes a range of science subjects: I personally studied Physics, Chemistry, Crystalline Materials, Maths, and Experimental Psychology.
During and immediately after my degree, I did some voluntary teaching work in a secondary school, and also interviewed hundreds of primary school students to collect data for a developmental psychology research study.
After leaving university, I have worked in the world of business, in particular in areas relating to computer software (I have programming and software development skills), most recently educational software.
I also have experience helping out in a Pitman Training Centre, where I supervised students who were taking Pitman courses in IT subjects such as using a PC, using the Internet & email, word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office.
In late 2011, I became a parent when my son was born. In 2012, I also intensively tutored an 11-year old boy (principally in maths and verbal reasoning) to take the entrance exams for 2 private schools in his area. He passed both with flying colours - he was one of only a handful of students (out of 200 candidates) to be offered a place.
I am also the author of several maths books (available on Amazon and elsewhere) including on Kindle and in paperback.
I currently work in developing and marketing computer software, principally software related to education.
Notes: I work flexible hours, so provided we arrange lessons in advance, I can usually adapt my schedule to suit your requirements.
Availability: I work flexible hours so, provided we arrange lessons in advance, I can usually adapt my work schedule to fit your requirements, including evenings, weekends, and weekdays.
Willing to travel: 20 miles
Experience: Tutoring experience:
I am the author of several maths books (available on Amazon and elsewhere) including on Kindle and in paperback.
Tutored GCSE & A-Level students during 2014 for Maths, Physics, Chemistry. Students achieved good grades (A*, A, B in GCSE maths), and an A* (including 100% in one exam!) in Chemistry.
- Tutored 4 GCSE Maths Students for exams 2013 (Grades achieved by students = A-star, A, A, B - the B was up from a D in mock prior to my tutoring)
- Tutored 3 GCSE Physics Students in 2013 (Grades achieved by students = A, A, B - the B was up from a U in the mock prior to my tutoring)
- Tutored 4 GCSE Chemistry Students in 2013 (Grades achieved by students, A-star, A, B, C - the B was up from an E in the mock prior to my tutoring, and the C up from a D in the mock prior to my tutoring)
- Tutored 1 student for OCR Computing coursework in 2013 (student achieved Distinction in all 3 sub-topics)
- Tutored an 11-year old boy (principally in maths and verbal reasoning) in 2011 to take the entrance exams for 2 private schools in his area. He passed both with flying colours.
- Other students currently under tuition include: Students for 2014 GCSE, 2014 A-Levels/AS-Levels, 11+/SATS, and Army Officer Numerical Reasoning Exam.
Other relevant experience:
- Voluntary teaching work in secondary school & interviewed hundreds of primary school students as part of a developmental psychology study.
- Supervised students in IT subjects in a Pitman Training Centre.
- Developed and marketed educational software.
- Training other people in business / software.
Feedback For Sunil (3)
Very patient and thorough
Dunil Tanna is reliable, trustworthy and doing a great job helping my son with his maths. He is exceptionally knowledgable and definitely someone who and indeed I have recommended!
Sunil taught my younger brother Aamish, Maths GCSE. He was very professional, brought along all his paperwork to prove his qualifications. He explained and taught very well in a patient manner and tested Aamish to ensure that he understood the work completely. Sunil also brought along extra exam papers for Aamish to practise and went through them accordingly. Overall, excellent tutor, I would recomend him to others as his manner of teaching is effective and useful.