Learning With Mini Whiteboards
Tips for making language tuition fun!
Date : 12/10/2020
Using a mini whiteboard to practise your language is fun and simple. Here are some activities which I regularly use in my lessons:
- Pictionary against the clock: teacher draws a vocabulary item and the student races to write the correct word
- Missing vowels round: Guess the phrase with some of its letters missing
- Tangled-up translations: half the sentence is in English, the other in German/Spanish... you translate the whole text into both languages
- Back to back translation: teacher describes an action or sequence of events and the student draws what they understand!
- 5-minute brain dump: Write everything you can remember about a topic area
- Bingo: always fun, with words as well as numbers
- Looped dictation: practise your listening and writing skills at the same time
- Timed reproduction: if the sentence is 10 words long, you have 10 seconds to memorise it and 10 seconds to write it down from memory!
This resource was uploaded by: Jenny