I am a third-year biochemistry student at Imperial College London, currently working in a neuroscience lab as a research intern. The group is based at UCL and works on epilepsy and chronic pain research.
At sixth form, I studied biology, chemistry and mathematics - achieving 3A*s before receiving a Norfolk County Scholar award and being included on the Imperial College Dean`s List in 2016/17.
Availability: Available weekday evenings and weekends.
Approach to tutoring:
I offer both one-to-one and Skype tuition. I ensure that I maintain a high quality of teaching on both and aim to mitigate the limitations of online tuition by showing live worked examples and sharing materials online.
- Before the first lesson, I will need to know what the student/parent wants from the lessons, as well as the student`s level and exam board(s).
- The first lesson will be used as an introduction and to outline the plan for the remaining sessions.
- The lessons are completely open to change if the student would like to focus on a particular area, change the topic or do more questions.
- Lessons will start with an introduction to the material (i.e. teaching) followed by problem questions.
- Please contact me 24h before the lesson if the student would like to change the structure of or cancel the upcoming session.
- The structure of lessons is the same for both Skype and one-to-one tutoring (look above).
- In order for students to see me go through worked examples and problem questions, I use a separate webcam that looks down onto the page, as well as the front-facing camera.
- Google Drive will be used to share material before lessons. Students can print this material off or view on their screen.
*** For both one-to-one and Skype tutoring, I will not set homework or mark material students complete in school. However, I am happy to provide additional problem questions, which could be completed between lessons. ***
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: Chemistry tutor (2015-16).
Model answer writer (chemistry past papers) for OxcamTutor.
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor