Samantha (Tutor in .....)
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Information about Samantha
I am a qualified secondary teacher, currently teaching Psychology, Computing and Health & Social Care. I have a wealth of experience across primary, secondary and special needs schools, with a record of being successful in helping my students achieve their goals. I have taught students from KS2 (Primary) right through to KS3 (Years 7-9), KS4 (GCSE) & KS5 (A-Level).
My passion for teaching stems from my own experiences at school and realising the varying, complex needs within my students, helping them to unlock and utilise their potential. Combined with the motivation from my students, the ongoing success is down to my being patient, strong ability to focus on the particular needs of my students and the commitment to help them succeed.
My approach includes:
- Clear, understandable model answers for possible exam questions
- Specialism in working with ASD and SEND students
- Resources and strategies tailored to the student
- Step-by-step coaching, including exam techniques & answering essay questions
- Short, regular checking of knowledge to encourage feedback and transparency for the student on their progression
- Links to real life wherever possible, to enable the student to fully understand the content
Teaching is about making the content engaging, fun and accessible for all, so students can really get to grips with what they are learning. My students favour my relaxed, yet encouraging and supportive teaching style above all, leading to this succession of achievements.
Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
**Please note - Exam boards are:
- AQA Psychology
- OCR Computing (GCSE, Camb. Nats & Camb. Techs)
- Pearson Edexcel Health & Social Care
Availability: Evenings & Weekends
Willing to travel: 12 miles
Experience: - Primary Education:
- Secondary Education:
+ Health & Social Care
- SEND Education (Severe, Moderate, Profound & Multiple Needs)
Feedback For Samantha (2)
Sam was a fantastic tutor, friendly, helpful and really knew her stuff. My daughter needed help with exam technique mainly and Sam gave her the confidence she needed in an exam situation and she achieved a A grade in her A level. Would not hesitate to recommend Sam to anyone looking for a psychology tutor. Thanks again Sam!!
Samantha was brilliant. Responsive, punctual, polite and knowledgeable.
She tutored my brother during his Psychology A2. Samantha helped him to dramatically improve his A-Level grade and made learning the subject much for interesting for him.
Thanks for all of your dedication,