Hello, my name is Karim.
I`m an enthusiastic, friendly, well qualified and experienced tutor for Maths, 11+ and private school exams. Based in Pinner, Middlesex I provide:
- Early years support in Maths, VR, non-VR and problem solving skills (school years 3 to 9)
- Tuition for 11+ exams or private school exams (school years 3, 4 and 5)
- Tuition for students studying maths at KS1, KS2, KS3 and GCSE (9-1) Maths Foundation
- Unique content for acquiring and practising exam techniques skills (school years 5 to 11)
- Mentoring for students not coping well with the stress of exams and timed tests
- Guidance and lessons on forming and then implementing an effective revision strategy
My approach is problem based and diagnostic. This means that the student is actively engaged in solving problems for almost the entire lesson whilst I am responding to their answers by asking questions which reveal any underlying misconceptions.
By investing time to revisit some of these easier areas and studying them in a more thorough and enriching way, students can subsequently make rapid progress whilst gaining an appreciation and enjoyment of their studies.
Availability: Weekdays, Saturday and summer holidays
We receive students from Northwood, Pinner, Eastcote, Ruislip, Rayners Lane, Harrow, Moor Park, Northwood Hills, Hatch End, Rickmansworth and Watford.
The teaching venue is in Pinner.
Willing to travel: 5 miles
Experience: I have helped children gain offers for one or more of these schools:
- Watford Grammar School for Girls
- Watford Grammar School for Boys
- St. Clement Danes
- Merchant Taylors` Boys School
- Queen Elizabeth`s School
- Henrietta Barnett School
- St Paul`s School
- Haberdashers` Aske`s School for Girls
- North London Collegiate School
- South West Herts Schools Consortium
My style and approach is calm and informal. Although class discipline is always maintained I strive to make learning a fun process. Children are inspired to want to learn for themselves and take responsibility for their studies.
Students preparing for entrance exams are provided a framework to help them apply their knowledge under timed conditions. Common issues such as reading the question properly, checking the answers, running out of time, are dealt with.
Courses on exam techniques and revision strategy are integrated within the preparatory work in all the services we provide. As parents have come to realise, it`s essential for children to be able to successfully apply what they have learnt under the potentially stressful conditions of an exam or test.
Students currently in high school can expect to receive guidance and support for exam techniques and revision strategy in preparation for the end of year exams or O level / GCSE exams.
- Students prepared for the 11+ exams and private school exams
- Fun approach to learning and problem solving
- Very small group size to help make learning fun
- Focuses on needs of the individual student. Regular feedback for parents
- Exam technique skills taught to prevent careless loss of marks
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor