Why Am I Different To Other Tutors?
A lot of other tutors charge a fee per hour of their time and offer publicly available resources, this means that when the clock stops, the support stops and all of the student get the same impersonal resource pack. I operate on a different mentality as I understand that learning is a personal journey. I structure my tutoring services as follows:
- I provide bespoke learning packs from day 1. These are designed for each student, upon request, up to
twice per month and will discuss any topics the student is struggling with in much more detail and
with many more examples than are on offer from traditional resources (i.e. textbooks).
- I offer out several points of contact which means I am 24/7 reachable to provide additional support
and solutions to any of my student`s problems. Whenever, wherever.
- Unlike other tutors, I have received some of the highest grades in the country, in the very topics I
am teaching to my students. This means that I can offer insights and tricks that other tutors simply
never learnt. How can one expect to receive a top grade from a tutor, if the tutor themself never
achieved that grade?
- I don`t stop my teaching at the hardest examinable level. I always aim to have my students knowledge
exceed this level so that the exam seems easy in comparison to what they can do.
- Having secured positions at some of the top financial institutions in the world and studying at one of
the top universities in the world, I am able to offer additional services absolutely free of charge,
including CV and Personal Statement writing, interview practice, and Oxbridge entrance exam and
interview preparation for all of my students.
I provide all of the above services whilst centring my prices at the market rate. A premium, bespoke service should not cost premium money.
*** Ask me for a free solution manual to the AQA Specimen Maths Paper! Complete with question-by-question analysis and multiple solutions that receive instant full marks, that are not available on the mark scheme. ***
What is my teaching style?
Whilst I am very rigorous and thorough, I still take a very patient approach to learning as I understand it is a slow and difficult process. It is always my goal to make someone truly understand a problem, irrespective of the hours of input it requires both inside and outside of tutorials. I believe the problem a lot of textbooks have is that students are expected to just apply formulae to problems or just learn a method, instead I guide students to understand what the problem is and how we could find a solution to it- this allows students to arrive at the formulae for themselves, which makes the process of problem solving far more natural come exam time.
Availability: As above, I am available to suit my students. Whenever, wherever. I believe students should schedule their lessons for when they are at their most focused and most motivated. I never believe that rigid times should be placed on lessons as learning needs to suit the student, not the tutor.
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: Academic Experience:Contact this Tutor
I have a 1st Class Physics Degree from the University of Oxford and ranked in the top 5% of my academic year for the Oxford Physics Admissions Test. I achieved the following grades at A-level:
- Mathematics A* (98%)
- Physics A* (97%)
- Chemistry A* (97%)
- Further Mathematics (86%)
At GCSE I received 10 A*-A grades including English, Mathematics, and all 3 Sciences.
I believe that success is highly individual and so I don`t attempt to talk about statistics concerning my student`s too much (I believe a student`s self-improvement and happiness are the best metrics for judging whether or not I am a good tutor), but here are a few of my milestones:
- Successfully mentored a student resulting in an offer from the University of Oxford.
- Achieved at least 2 grades of improvement with countless students.
- Secured several offers from the prestigious Russell Group universities.
- Motivated hundreds of students through outreach talks at events I have hosted, at local schools.