I am a qualified, experienced and successful teacher specialising in Physics, with additional experience teaching and tutoring Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Engineering. I have QTS, a PGCE, 9 years teaching experience, full DBS clearance and a Master`s Degree in Physics. I have taught at all levels up to and including undergraduate, in a wide range of schools and colleges, with pupils of all abilities and SEND/SEMH descri ptions, and I have been successfully tutoring for several years. I also have experience working as a Head of Department, and I have worked with The University of Manchester and Sheffield Hallam University as part of their teacher training courses, mentoring and training new teachers.
My experiences have allowed me to develop an expert-level knowledge of assessment criteria and methods for all GCSE Science, A Level Physics and A Level Maths qualifications, vital in allowing students to access top grades in the newer GCSE and A Level exams. I have also developed an understanding of how to design, deliver and assess an effective sequence of lessons and tutor sessions to allow all students to succeed; this is something I have been doing and supporting colleagues with for years.
I am committed to helping all learners achieve their potential, and I have a wealth of experience and resources to make this happen. I am confident that I can provide the service that you require. Don`t be fooled into employing those who simply have a good knowledge of the subject, but poor experience or knowledge of teaching - an understanding of the way your child`s qualification is structured, assessed, and what examiners look for on exam papers, as well as the best way to help yoir child learn, is crucial in securing a successful examination result, and this is something I can guarantee.
Availability: Evening slots available from Monday to Friday. I`m happy to discuss this and make arrangements which work for all parties. Discounts may be available for block bookings and short distances.
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: - Full, enhanced DBS clearContact this Tutor
- Vast and on-going experience designing, implementing and delivering high-quality and effective lessons and tutor sessions, with a solid evidence base of success, for pupils of all abilities and needs
- 9 years experience teaching all Sciences up to GCSE level, as well as Physics, Engineering and Maths up to A Level, for AQA, EDEXCEL and OCR exam boards
- Several years successful experience tutoring GCSE Science, A Level Physics and A Level Maths, with all students achieving their desired grades
- 2 years experience as Head of Physics at a successful 11-18 school in Rotherham
- Masters Degree in Physics from The University of Manchester
- PGCE in Science (Physics Specialism) for 11-18 year olds, from the University of Manchester
- University tutor for Physics undergraduates at The University of Manchester