I am qualified Science teacher (Grade 1 at PGCE), currently employed in Bishop Challoner Federation of Schools. I have several years of expertise in private tutoring and I previously held my own tutoring company. I have attended Cambridge University for my undergrad and I am also pursuing a MSc. at Oxford on a part time basis, supported/funded by my employer. I have extremely high expectations of my students and I am driven to get the best performance out of my pupils. I have joined the teaching profession because I am genuinely passionate about teaching and I am motivated by the idea of instilling scientific concepts in young minds. Furthermore, due to my own educational experience, students who are taking A-levels, or are pre applicants to universities may find my experiences particularly helpful as I am well trained in helping with UCAS applications. Furthermore, my husband is an excellent mathematician currently working in Finance, but he also has qualified teacher status and former Cambridge graduate and currently a governor in a secondary school so if you chose to tutor with me, I can arrange for the following subjects for/up to A levels between the two of us: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics. We are very busy professionals so we do not go and tutor, so you would have to come to us. We are both DBS checked.
Availability: Evenings and weekends (morning).
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: Employment and Work ExperiencesContact this Tutor
Bishop Challoner Catholic School, London Aug 2016 - Present
Teacher of Science
Corelli College, London
Trainee teacher (Placement 2) Mar 2016 May 2016
Brampton Manor Academy, London Oct 2015 Feb 2016
Trainee teacher (Placement 1)
Team Up, Cambridge Committee Oct 2013 May 2015
Project Management in Community Development and increasing social mobility through delivering after school lessons to secondary school pupils (Cambridge University committee).
This role required administration of and delivery of the program at Cambridge. I was in charge of recruitment of tutors from Cambridge University (headhunting/ interviewing), promoting events and maintaining good relationships with the schools involved. Overall, my objective was to ensure curriculum delivery and raising aspirations for state school pupils to apply to Russell group universities. I was in charge of administering the program in 4 state maintained schools.
Cambridge University Student Union Jan 2012 Jan 2013
I was elected as a part time officer for the university student union
Windermere Boarding School, Lake District Summer 2012
The Tuition Centre, London Feb 2011 June 2011 (Contract)
Author and Marketing
1. Planning curriculum from year 1 to year 6 in Maths and English
2. Authoring an assortment of activity work sheets to accompany the Maths and English curriculum planned.
3. Revising and expanding marketing strategies.
TEFL, UK Jan 2011
Certified in teaching English language (Practical intensive training, i-to-i)
Top Grade Tuition Centre, London Jan 2011 September 2011
Centre Manager and Teacher
1. Planned the curriculum (including compiling material for several Science & English workbooks)
2. Setup the centres regulations of conduct for both students & teachers
3. Managed the daily schedule at the centre
4. Was responsible for dealing with parents and their queries
5. Managed the finances of the centre (including invoicing & payments)
6. Was responsible for designing the centres website
7. Also taught Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Sociology, English and Science from KS 1-3 and up (teaching responsibilities were similar to those at Essex Tuition Centre which are listed below)
Essex Tuition Centre, London Sep 2010 Dec 2010
1. Tutor for 11+ English: Prepared students for Essex Consortium exams. Many of them already have a place at Kent (including one student scoring the top marks). I was responsible for all the students English at Essex Tuition Centre. I have created over 13 mock exams for 11+ English (currently in publication by the centre).
2. Tutor for GCSE English Language & Literature (AQA & Edexcel), GCSE Core Science (AQA) & GCSE Biology
3. Tutor for AS-Level Chemistry (OCR & Edexcel)
4. Tutor for A-Level Biology (OCR/AQA/Edexcel SNAB) & A-Level Psychology