My name is Daisy, and I am currently studying for my PhD in Leicester. I am fully DBS-checked and have worked with young people and children for several years.
In 2018, I received a Distinction for my MA for Research in Film and Television Studies from the University of Warwick, after having graduated with a 1st Class BA Joint Honours in Film and Literature in 2016.
I am friendly and patient, and have several years of experience as both a teacher and tutor. I will work with you, whether you are a parent or a student, to ensure that you have a positive and successful tutoring experience, whatever that may mean to you.
I am available to tutor in the following subjects/areas:
English Literature - to degree level.
English Language - to degree level.
Film Studies - to degree level.
Media Studies - to degree level.
History - to degree level.
I am also able to support students with general writing skills, and with the University application process, from UCAS systems to writing fantastic personal statements.
I can tutor from my own home in Leicester, where I have a dedicated office space. I am also happy to tutor in a mutually convenient space such as a local library or cafe, if this suits you. Parents are welcome to attend all tutoring sessions (I have tea and coffee available for free at all times!) whether at my own home or in another location.
If you feel I might be the right fit for your tutoring needs, but don`t see a subject on here that you need, please do get in touch. Tutoring is not an exact science, and all students are completely different. Before we book a session, I aim to make sure you feel completely comfortable and happy with our arrangement.
Availability: I am very flexible with my schedule, so please do get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: - PhD, MA and BA in Film, Media and Literature. Contact this Tutor
- Teaching assistant for Year 6 class at Birmingham primary school.
- 1 year of lecturing and seminar-leading for University students.
- 3 years of teaching and tutoring GCSE/A-Level students.
- 3 years as Coordinator of Warwick Arts Centre Youth Theatre.
- DBS checked.
- Fully-qualified in Child Protection.
- ASDAN Award in Childcare.
- Experience of working with children with additional needs.
- Experience of working with children with chronic illness.
- Specific experience of working with high-achieving children and young people from less-advantaged backgrounds.
- Member of National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth.