Andy (Tutor in Bridport)
PRINCE2 Project Management Foundati...
PRINCE2 Project Management Practiti...
University of Surrey
Computer Science (4 years)
The Open University
Computing and Information Technolog...
University of Portsmouth
Mathematics & Statistics
Related Links: Accounting Tutors, Adult Learner Accounting Tutors, GCSE Accounting Tutors, A-Level Accounting Tutors, Business Skills Lessons, Business Studies Lessons, Adult Learner Business Studies Tutors, GCSE Business Studies Tutors, A-Level Business Studies Tutors, Degree Business Studies Tutors, Computing Tutors, Adult Learner Computing Tutors, GCSE Computing Tutors, A-Level Computing Tutors, Degree Computing Tutors, Economics Tutors, Adult Learner Economics Tutors, GCSE Economics Tutors, A-Level Economics Tutors, Information Technology Lessons, Life Coaching Lessons, Management Lessons, Maths Tutors, Adult Learner Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, A-Level Maths Tutors, Microsoft Office Lessons, Philosophy Tutors, Adult Learner Philosophy Tutors, GCSE Philosophy Tutors, A-Level Philosophy Tutors, Presentation Lessons, Project Management Lessons, Psychology Tutors, Adult Learner Psychology Tutors, GCSE Psychology Tutors, A-Level Psychology Tutors, Degree Psychology Tutors, Sociology Tutors, Adult Learner Sociology Tutors, GCSE Sociology Tutors, A-Level Sociology Tutors, Degree Sociology Tutors
Information about Andy
I have 7 years professional lecturing experience within FE/HE and top Business Schools in the UK and France underpinned by 20 years within IT & telecoms sector working as interim management consultant
• Professional (Lecturing)
• 7 year track record of teaching Business, Accounting, multimedia, ICT, networking, Maths & Stats according to experience
• Excellent learner achievement record
• Online teaching expertise
Management of inspections & internal/external assessor relationship
• Student & class level monitoring of progress and attainment
• Experience in developing schemes of work, lesson plans and teaching in an inclusive environment
• Experience in monitoring and developing the academic and personal progress of individual students as a tutor
• Experience in setting exams and assignments up to BA/Bsc (Hons) final Year
• Experience in supervising and IVing final year degree projects
• Taught Project Management, MIS, Finance, Leadership, Motivational Theory and Organisational Change for Final Year Degree
• Liason with Programme Managers
• Liason with AQA EV examiners for A2 ICT
• Experienced in BTEC IT/Business Practitioners curriculum level I up to level VI
• Taught AQA AS/A2 A-Level ICT Business INFO1 INFO2 INFO3 INFO4 BUSS2
• Taught IB TOK/CAS to students from multi-cultural backgrounds
• Taught BTEC Travel & Tourism First Diploma
• Coach for BTEC HND Hospitality student
• Taught BTEC Business Studies Level III/HND Marketing/eCommerce/Financial Planning/Organisational Behaviour
• Tutored students to KS 3 and A-Level in Information Technology
• 1 to 1 B.sc Hons Philosophy student coaching
• Articulation of effective teaching and learning with evidence of good practice
• Good classroom management technique
• Knowledge and understanding of effective assessment and its contribution to learning and progression
• Knowledge of key learning strategies, KPIs PLPs/ILP/ILG
• Design for Module Overviews/Lesson Plans
• Knowledge of e-learning and and extensive use of IT/ICT systems/applications
• Commitment to an ethos of personal fulfilment and learner success/retention
• A capacity to inspire through a passion of lecturing/teaching multimedia technologies
• Able to stimulate the interest and curiosity of learners to pursue their work independently
• Team player for positive and sensitive interpersonal relationships across communities
• Effective Time Management
• A good sense of humour & ability to remain calm under pressure
• Curriculum design/structure of progressive programmes and planning of modules
Willing to travel: 50 miles
Experience: - Proven track record in delivering FE/HE Business/Management/ICT up to level VI
(2011 A-Level ICT 60% A Grade, BTEC III Business ICT Dist 70%, 2011 BA (Hons) Business 50% 1St Class)
- Equality & Diversity awareness
- Monitoring, measuring, reporting & assessing learner/class attainment
- Rapport with students, and ability to interact with them in a warm but professional manner
- Collaborative approach to working with senior management, programme managers, subject teachers, vocational tutors and IT support
- Interdisciplinary view of teaching and learning across ICT and business domains
- Expert in financial planning, business analysis and project accounting
- Practitioner in business strategies, communications & emerging technologies and using IT resources to deliver content using media that caters to different learning styles
- Experience in project governance, ICT business programmes and delivery of Msc/Bsc business management syllabus
- Inspiring & practicing lifelong learning using methods to empower learners in discovery of what they like, what they are good at by exploring new ideas and adventures
- Current Enhanced CRB (no convictions)
Feedback For Andy (17)
Absolutely lovely man with loads of knowledge jut unfortunate that I could continue due to current situation
really positive and forward thinking tutor, Andy has a calm personality and is genuinely interested in helping his students gain the best from every lesson.
Tutors Response :
Thanks indeed you your feedback much appreciated
See you tomorrow at 3.30pm
Fantastic tutor - all students very pleased and eager for extra whenever possible. Punctual and reliable and with very good knowledge of business, accounting, economics, etc generally and in relation to the syllabuses. Most recommended :)
Tutors Response :
Cheers Alex Great feedback
We have found Andy to be a very supportive and effective Tutor who has been willing to adapt to the needs of our son.As a consequence his knowledge of the subject is improving quickly and we are hopeful that Andy`s support will enable him to get improved results in his second year at sixth form college.
Tutors Response :
many thanks for your endorsement. Much appreciated
Andy was really patient when explaining things.
If there had been more time a better approach from me could have., been made I should have been clearer exactly what I wanted from each session.
If the need arises I would use Andy again
Tutors Response :
Thanks Sophie for your endorsement it was a pleasure to meet and tutor you wish you every success in the exams
Cheers / Andy
Excellent command of subject, incredible patience and tracks students and their fears and blocks very well to get through them.
Tutors Response :
thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated
Best Wishes / Andy
Andy has been great. He has a very positive and helpful manner and immediately struck up a good rapport with my teenage son and has helped him enormously. He`s an excellent communicator and seems very passionate about his subject. I would not hesitate to recommend him as a tutor.
He is exalent and helpful
My 13 year old son has had three lessons with Andy so far and they have been really helpful. He feels that Andy is able to explain issues in a way that my son can understand and quickly identified the best way to structure the lessons to reinforce what is covered at school.
Tutors Response :
thankyou so much for your feedback, its really appreciated
I found Andy when I was really struggling with my project and he helped me from day one to the end. I cannot believe the support I received from him during this tough time I had. I therefore recommend Andy for any one out there looking for help with your Project. He is very honest and really made me successful.
Andy is an amazing teacher! You can learn so much from him in just a short amount of time. He is extremely patient and kind. He is very willing to help in whatever you need and ensures that you have left the lesson understanding everything. Thank you Andy!
Andy is a calm and patience tutor. He explains things in a very easy and interesting learning way.
Andy is very professional tutor. He was teaching two of my kids (Y12 and Y13) for almost an year. He is very reliable and always makes sure that his lesson is precisely tailored to the student needs. He is able to recognize the gaps in the subject knowledge and expand the knowledge as well as apply theoretical concepts to the real life. All over all, I would not hesitate to recommend Andy to anyone who needs a boost for their studies and are aiming to hit the highest grades in their subjects.
I am an adult learner with some knowledge on spreadsheets and numbers. Andy very quickly grasped my level and what I wanted to achieve. He explained these areas very thoroughly and followed up with good examples and case studies that I have kept and refer back to. I will continue to work with Andy as he is an excellent tutor.
Andy was asked to provide short notice, intense tutoring support to my son at University who had an important assignment to hand in. Andy had to provide this via Skype, and in the first instance gain trust and rapport with my son, then get to grips with the topic on Computer Programming using C#, facilitate my son in learning and doing the work himself but with the guidance throughout to get the work completed within the time frame and to a high standard. This meant working until 01.00am! My son and I were both very impressed with Andy`s commitment and professionalism. We have no hesitation in recommending him.
Andy is am amazing tutor, he is calm and explains things in a very easy to learn way. Andy goes out of his way even after the session has finished to email me ideas and examples and even rings me throughout the working week to see how I am getting on. Recently I have been studying for an interview and Andy has had a massive impact on my preparation for this even to the point of him having to leave the country for a a family issue and still he was preparing material and arranging Skype calls to ensure I was not left in the dark. I would definitely recommend Andy.
I can not fault one bit! He has been one of the best tutors I have ever had. Very easy to work with, very approachable, never in a rush. Always happy to give his best to the students satisfaction.
He is the best!!!