Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
Edinburgh Napier University
Information about Karolina
As a former Senior Lecturer in law at a London-based university I have more than 3 years of experience delivering lectures and seminars, as well as preparing and marking assessments, which means that I know exactly how to support you to improve your legal skills (and your marks!).
I am passionate about working with students individually and supporting them through their university journey, which is why I decided to work as a private tutor. I work with a limited number of students only, depending on my availability, but I would love to have a chat with you to figure out how I can support you.
I believe that private tutoring should be about me helping you to develop the skills that you need to develop within the shortest possible time (usually 3-6 sessions), rather than ongoing support.
Private support is pricey, especially if youre on a student budget, and so when you come to me we will make sure that there is a plan in place, and you know what type of progress you can expect within a short period of time.
My aim is always to provide you with as much information as I can so that you get to improve your skills fast!
HOW I CAN HELP YOU:
STUDY TECHNIQUES: I regularly work with 1st year LLB students, helping them to understand how they should study in order to receive excellent marks and continue improving their skills.
COURSEWORK/ASSIGNMENT SUPPORT: I can help you to understand the requirements of your coursework, and guide you through the process of structuring your essay, finding the right resources and analysing the law.
EXAM TECHNIQUE: Studying for exams can be quite stressful, especially if you dont know how to approach it. I will be happy to go with you through your mock exam paper, and explain how you should structure your exam answers and revise for the exam. I can even go over your mock exam answers and give you detailed feedback!
DISSERTATION SUPPORT: Some of the modules require you to complete a longer essay, known as a dissertation. There are slightly different rules that apply to writing those, and its always good to have some external support throughout the writing process.
If you would like a flavour of what my teaching is like and how I explain different concepts in law, feel free to check out the guidebook which I authored, titled Student`s Guide to Law: Developing a Legal Argument". You`ll find it easily on the Amazon Kindle marketplace.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Here are the areas of law in which I currently tutor:
- Company law
- Commercial law
- Business law
- Family law
- Employment law
- Equity and trusts
- International law
- Contract law / Obligations
- EU law
- Human rights law
- Public and administrative law
- English legal system
- Medical law and ethics
- Practical legal skills
- Careers support
I am also happy to explore other areas of law and expand my expertise, so if the area with which you need help is not on the list - please feel free to still approach me!
INTERESTED IN BOOKING A SESSION? HERE ARE JUST A FEW GROUND RULES...
1. I tend to be quite busy, especially around coursework submission and exam revision times, so make sure you book your session in advance. I will rarely be available for a session if you will want it scheduled for the day after.
2. So that you can benefit from the session the most, I will need to prepare for it. For that, I will need you to send me the topic of your coursework (if you need support with your coursework), the corresponding lecture slides, your module outline and the details of the recommended textbook. You should be able to send these to me at least two days in advance of the session.
3. TutorHunt requires you to make a small payment in order to get access to my details, including my e-mail address and mobile number. I will not be able to book any sessions for you until you get those details and contact me directly. Even if we have discussed a specific time and day via the messages on TutorHunt, I can`t guarantee that I will still be available for a session unless you request my details and contact me directly straight away.
Availability: I am currently available for online Skype sessions only. I can do sessions during weekdays both during the day and in the evenings, and occasionally over the weekends too, subject to other commitments.
Willing to travel: 50 miles
Experience: I am a Senior Lecturer in law at a London-based university. I have more than 3 years of experience delivering lectures and seminars, as well as preparing and marking assessments..Contact this Tutor
Feedback For Karolina (-1)
She cancelled on the day of our lesson, wasted my time and money
Tutors Response :
I was indeed unable to have the session with Safiyah due to a family emergency, which I had to attend to unexpectedly. I have apologised to her and advised immediately that she finds a new tutor straight away as I was not able to give her a precise date when I would be available, and I knew that it would be better for her to get the help from another tutor. I have also immediately reimbursed her the £25 which she paid for our session.