The University of Birmingham
Institute of Mechanical Engineers
University of Hertfordshire
Advanced Mechanical Engineering with Placement Year
1st - Best Student Award (2015)
Related Links: AutoCAD Lessons, Aviation Lessons, Career Development Lessons, Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, Eleven Plus Lessons, Engineering Tutors, Further Maths Lessons, Maths Tutors, Primary Maths Tutors, KS3 Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, A-Level Maths Tutors, Degree Maths Tutors, Mechanical Engineering Lessons, Personal Statements Lessons, Physics Tutors, GCSE Physics Tutors, A-Level Physics Tutors, Presentation Lessons, Special Needs Lessons
Information about Mohammad
I am a qualified engineer with more than 8+ years of continued work experience in engineering, career counselling and tutoring.
I have helped students for a variety of requirements -
1. Be it them looking to achieve A* in their O or A Levels
2. Be it looking for support to build a strong technical foundation.
3. Be it them looking to pass an exam.
4. Be it them looking for supervision on an engineering project or assignments.
5. Be it them looking for support to choose the right university matching their engineering req. for further studies.
I specialise in Mathematics and Science modules. I accept requests for Mathematics (From Low to Engineering Level), Science (from Low to A Level) and College/University Students.
I have tutored students for the following subjects -
1. Structural Mechanics - Degree Level.
2. CAD - College/Degree Level.
3. Mathematic - O & A Levels (KS2, AQA, OCR and Edexcel)
4. Science - O Levels (AQA, OCR and Edexcel)
5. Physics - A Levels (AQA, OCR and Edexcel)
6. Chemistry - Below O Levels
7. Special Needs
8. Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering - College and University Levels. I have provided supervision for engineering projects.
9. Career Development - Apprenticeship & Graduation.
10. CAD Softwares support provided for Solidworks, OnShape and CATIA V5.
I have lectured and/or interacted with future engineering/science students by sharing real life industry experience in various schools, colleges and universities like Imperial College London and Oxford around the country under various programmes.
What to expect during my sessions?
During the first lesson, I get to understand the requirements of my tutee. After understanding the requirement(s) better. Depending on nature of their requirement I devise a plan of action for them to work towards success.
My sessions are interactive where the tutee gets to engage throughout the session with me and some times I try to relate a physics, mathematical, CAD or mechanical problem with real life situation and this is usually very well received by my tutees.
Some of my key achievements are as follows -
1. GCSE Equiv: 95/100 scored for Mathematics
2. GCSE Equiv: 93/100 scored for Science
3. University Degree: 94/100 for Engineering Mathematics
4. University Degree: 90/100 for Structural Mechanics
5. University Degree: 88/100 for Computer Aided Engineer (CAD, FEA and CFD)
6. University Degree: 84/100 for Final Year Project (Industry Sponsored)
7. University Degree: 80/100 for Mechanics and Properties of Materials
8. Academic Scholarship Awarded at University
9. Winner of "Frederic Barnes Waldron Award for Best Student (Meritorious Performance) in Mechanical Engineering"
My Other Qualifications are as follows -
1. Achieved Incorporated Engineer Status via IMechE (Engineering Chartership) within a record time of under 5 years engineering work experience.
2. BS7671 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulation by City & Guild - Certified
3. First Aid at Work by St Johns Ambulance - Certified
4. IOSH Managing Safely (Health & Safety Course) - Certified
Some key highlights of my tutoring/career mentoring success includes -
1. My A` Levels Maths student has been offered a place at a Top London University after scoring A* in mathematics.
2. Supervised a Mechanical/CAD Engineering Project for a student that received high grades and was advertised at an opening evening.
3. My student who I mentored for an Engineering career landed a Mechanical Engineering Job at a $1B company.
Would like help your problem, request for teaching or need someone to talk for engineering related career development - Look no more! I am here to help, ping me with your enquiry.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: 8+ years of experience in tutoring, engineering, and career counselling.
DBS Check: YesContact this Tutor
Feedback For Mohammad (3)
A brilliant mentor and Tutor!
Tutors Response :
Mohammed was given a remit of filling the gaps of the sporadic teaching that had happened through this crucial year - because of the lockdowns. He took on my feedback asked specific questions and then said `leave it to me` having spoken with my Son, he and Mohammed created a strategy back to success. From the near depths of despair he navigated, taught, encouraged and ushered my son back to a level that befitted his passion for his subject. My son is currently finalising is final project and is proud of the work achieved. This has genuinely only been possible because a tutor worked not to a 60 minute timescale (that the hour is done - and so is he) but with a passion and desire for the success of his tutee. Thank you - doesn`t feel sufficient. However we are thank full. He also mentors, I think he naturally does this as he teaches because of his high threshold of commitment to achievement - but I aim to book mentoring sessions for my son precisely because of his attitude to his craft.
Tutors Response :
Many thanks for such encouragement and kind words.
It is a pleasure to help your son!
Mo is a great tutor, he is very knowledgeable and good at explaining things. I highly recommend! :)
Tutors Response :
Thanks Paris, It was a pleasure teaching you!
The best news for me was, "Mohammad, I knew I single question in the Maths question paper".