I am a friendly, approachable, qualified and highly experienced EFL teacher. I am used to devising detailed lesson plans, which include both productive and receptive skills to ensure students gain sufficient practice in all skills equally. Not only have I taught adults, but young learners also and I have often advised them on educational matters such as their progress, university applications, places to visit in London, accommodation, and any cultural issues that may arise.
I enjoy working within the education sector and I have familiarity with procedures having taught a 10 week Beginners Italian Course at a local Further Education college. I believe working within the International education sector is demanding yet wholly rewarding, enabling international students to undertake degree courses, aid them with business relations or simply enjoy their hobby of language learning, setting them on the path of their choice,
Availability: Available Monday to Friday weekdays and evenings.
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: * Native English speakerContact this Tutor
* CELTA qualified (2008) with over 5 years teaching experience.
* BA German & Italian graduate from the University of Reading (2007)
* My teaching experience includes all levels from Elementary to Advanced along with preparation for recurring Cambridge exams, FCE and CAE with extensive experience of teaching both IELTS and TOEFL. * With the FCE, CAE and IELTS exams I am used to internal/cross marking of mock exam papers.
* I have a real passion for teaching IELTS, always ensuring students feel prepared through sufficient practice and the use of excellent teaching methods.
* Above all, I strive to ensure my lessons are engaging, enjoyable and useful to each and every student present.
* My repertoire includes tailoring lessons to individuals needs in 1-1 covering a wide range of topics from business, CV writing to presentation preparation and practice.
* I also tutor primary and secondary age children in helping them with improving their general literacy punctuation, vocabulary, spelling and grammar. Also in terms of literature analysis, comprehension and essay writing techniques.