Education Management and Leadership
Society of Education and Training
Level 5 in Education and Training
Information about Abraham
I am an experienced teacher with more than 5 years of experience in a secondary and further education school setting.
The nature of my work in education has prepared me for this position. My interest in education stimulated me to lead a project on creating my previous school curriculum in English and Maths. My role here was to act as exam officer apart from teaching different subjects such as English, Maths or Spanish. As part of this, I had to liaise with awarding bodies meaning that I have developed skills in curriculum advising. I also created and/or updated all the school policies exam series related, as well as risk assessment, in order for the school to pass the JCQ inspection.
During the last 5 years I have coordinated the academic department, being in charge of the following qualifications: IGCSE English, A Level and GCSE in Spanish, Functional Skills Maths and English and GCSE in Geography. I have also prepared and delivered exam invigilator trainings and I have mentored staff members who are working towards becoming teachers.
As shown by my experience in schools, I am enthusiastic about education and always strive to do the best for my students.
Get in touch with me, and let`s start learning!
Availability: Weekdays evenings, some mornings and weekends.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: SEN Teacher London, United Kingdom. JUNE 2015 NOW
- Creating Maths, English, PSHE, Languages and Pre-Entry curriculums of the school.
- Making timetables for academic year lessons, for teachers and students.
- Developing programmes of learning activities.
- Planning, preparing, and researching lessons.
- Preparing and adapting teaching materials making use of special facilities and/or
- Contact and teaching time with students on an individual, class or small group basis.
- Checking and assessing students` work and giving feedback.
- Attending meetings and reviews
- Liaising with parents, external agencies and a range of other professionals, such as speech
and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational. Psychologists
- Writing reports.
- Coordinating the work of support staff.
- Teaching IGSCE English, GCSE Maths, A level Spanish, GCSE Geography, Functional Skills in
Maths and English from Entry 1 to Level 2, Business Enterprise (different projects such as
Gardening, Baking or Upcycling) and tutor group teacher.
Teacher Trainer (Level 5 in Education and Training), London, United Kingdom. SEPT 2018 NOW
- Guiding Level 5 in Education and Training candidates.
- Observing the lessons candidates prepared, assessing them according OFSTED criteria
and giving them feedback.
- Writing reports about candidates performance during the lesson.
Exam Invigilator London, United Kingdom. SEPT 2017 NOW
- Supervising the students during their exams and ensuring exam regulations are met.
Exam Officer, London, United Kingdom. SEPT 2018 NOW
- Creating the following policies for conducting examinations: appeal procedure, contingency
plan 2020-21, Emergency evacuation plan, Exam policy and procedures, risk assessment for
exams, use of word processor statement, verify candidate identity, students handbook.
- Creating a system for uploading qualification evidence, for the following subjects: Arts, PE,
Catering, Work Experience, Business Enterprise, Music, Dance, Life and Living Skills and
PSCHE and making sure that all the evidence are following JCQ guidance.
- Being charge of the 2020 JCQ inspection, getting a particularly good feedback from them. This
include preparation of the Exam series policies and risk assessments.
- Organising and leading June 2020 exam series and November 2020 exam series.
- Curriculum Advisor.
- Liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including students, parents,
Heads of Departments, Heads of Years, teachers, reception staff, site staff, IT staff and
- Being aware of examination changes and examination-related policies.
- Managing exam invigilators. This includes training new invigilators and updating existing
invigilators on rules and regulation changes on an annual basis
- Managing the examination entry process, including gathering information from teaching
staff to ensure that students examination entries are made correctly and on time
- Managing the examination preparation process. This includes preparing examination
timetables for students and staff; creating seating plans for each examination room;
briefing candidates, staff, and parents; receiving, checking and securely storing
confidential examination materials; administering internal assessment etc.
- Supporting the process relating to access arrangements by supporting the SENCo in
making applications, rooming, training invigilators, managing emergency access
- Managing examination days in accordance with awarding body regulations, including
preparing for each exam day, starting an examination, dealing with emergencies,
irregularities and malpractice, ending the examination, collecting the examination scri pts
and packing and dispatching examination scri pts.
- Managing examination results. This includes accessing results electronically/downloading
results from awarding body secure sites and preparing for results to be disseminated to
- Dealing with requests and administering post-results services and issuing qualification
Spanish and English tutor since 2002.
Feedback For Abraham (1)
Abraham had been amazing helping my son with his Spanish. He is extremely helpful, patient and kind - totally exceeds expectations. Thank you Abraham