Hello, my name is Guillaume and I have been tutoring privately for over 3 years.
I am half-French and half-English and have completed most of my studies here in London.
I was born in France, but due to my father`s profession, lived in Poland, Germany and Singapore and went to French international schools in these countries.
I have a Baccalaureat in Economics and Social Sciences from the Academie de Versailles, as well as a diploma from Central Saint Martins and also trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) on the 3 year BA (Hons) degree in Professional Acting.
I teach French to students from the ages of 5 upwards, including GCSE`s, A-Levels and beyond, as well as teaching English and Maths to students from 5 up to 11+.
Support with French A level AQA in essay writing as well covering the curriculum to prepare for the end of year exam.
Currently tutoring a student in Y5 recently arrived the uk, special focus on English (Literature and Language).
Intensive 1 month daily tuition with a 14 year old boy from India preparing to integrate the British school system. Focusing on writing and speaking as well as reading and listening to cover all aspects of the language.
Tuition for a student applying to Eaton. Following the ISEB 13+ French curriculum. Main focus on spoken and written French.
Availability: Please ask.
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: • Support in French to an 11 year old boy who is preparing for 13+ admission in to a private school. Following the school`s curriculum we are focusing on vocabulary, grammar, verbs and conversation.Contact this Tutor
• Tuition to a student in Y4 with specific focus on catching up with the English syllabus in Maths and English as well as general focus and discipline.
• French conversation through Skype on a weekly basis to a student preparing her A Level French exam.
• Weekly Skype tuition for a young man who is preparing his French AQA GCSE exam.
• Intensive tuition programme over the school holidays to 2 students attending Eaton. Preparing for IGCSE, specific focus on speaking, writing and reading using past papers and the exam’s specific curriculum. Both students received an A*.
• Support with essay writing to a student attending Eaton for his upcoming A level exam.
• Skype tuition to a boy in Y9 preparing for a French exam in order to join his new school, main topics of work were “La mode”, “Temps Libre”, “Les repas”, “La culture”. This student exceeded his expectations and got a much higher grade then expected.
• French conversation to a young lady who recently got a job in France. Sessions were aimed at practising and listening to French in order for her to regain confidence and ease as she had previously studied the language.
• Online tutoring with a student needing support with A level French AQA Exam, focusing on complex sentences, verb tenses, vocabulary and overall structure.
• Sports tuition to a brother and a sister aged 7 & 9 over the school holidays. Playing Basketball and Tennis.
• Currently teaching 3 students in Y3 on both Maths and English. Covering all aspects of the curriculum.
• Currently helping a student with A-level French attending Latymer school. Focusing on the oral side of the exam as well as the "Exposé" preparation. (French A/AS- WJEC)
• Teaching a 9 year old boy French who use to attend the Moscow French school, practising and developing his already strong knowledge of French to keep up and improve his level.
• Teaching conversational English to a 31 year old Russian Lady at a beginners level, worked on expressing herself freely, quickly, and in the correct manner, expanding and developing her vocabulary. Finding an ease and confidence as well as developing a strong foundation.
• Currently teaching IGCSE French to 2 girls attending Queen`s Gate School who are applying for Cambridge. Focusing on writing, reading, listening and speaking skills through worksheets, books and exercises. Reinforcing sentence structure, verbs, vocabulary and general knowledge of French language and culture. Providing support with all aspects of the exam and all topics required.
• Teaching 9 students from Belleville Primary School over the course of 2 years, between 6 and 9 years of age, Literacy and Numeracy, focusing on enhancing reading and comprehension ability and introducing and developing spelling and grammar technique engaging the children with these aspects of the english language through a mixture of analysis and practical work encouraging the practise of the above skills in the imaginative exercice of creative writing. In numeracy, attention given to all aspects of the curriculum with a notable consideration of fractions, patterns and number sequences, problem solving, decimals, shapes, space and measures and an introduction to data and statistics Inviting a sense of joy about the learning process by establishing an entertaining, interactive environment in which to learn: playing games, where possible, in order to achieve the learning objective in this way. Encouraging students to be unafraid of failing, so that they can learn from there mistakes rather than getting stuck on them.
• Teacher/mentor to a 5 year old Russian English-speaking boy from a V.I.P family. A creative approach towards teaching him beginner’s French by using his natural explorative curiosity in an engaging, fun and interactive manner. For example, developing his vocabulary and knowledge of French and practising phrases and expressions outdoors, while going for walks, playing football and discovering the wildlife in the park. Indoor activities have included Monopoly, card games and various other toys aiming at immersing him in listening and speaking the language by exclusively conversing with him in French.
• Teaching French to 5 year old Russian English-speaking triplets from a V.I.P. family: planning and intensive course of lessons based on each student’s individual interests to enthuse them about the language and set a strong foundation developing their understanding by reading stories, drawing, practising words and phrases and pronunciation, as well as as using short video clips of cartoons in French and playing games following progress and pushing students to their full potential.
• Currently tutoring: a 9 year old girl and a 10 year old boy from l’Ecole de Battersea (bilingual school) helping them with 11+Maths, English, reading, French, grammar in both English and French inviting individual thinking so as to allow the students to unveil concepts for themselves verbal reasoning and non-verbal reasoning supporting comprehension preparation for upcoming exams encouraging and nurturing the students’ confidence and aptitudes checking progress putting together a plan of action to help the student master the subject matter and helping them focusing and develop discipline to get the best out of them.
• Teaching an 18 year old girl spoken and written French, grammar, conjugations, pronunciation, vocabulary expressions. Having a lesson plan which covers specific areas for each session practising conversational French doing exercises setting homework tracking their progress by assessment keeping a vocabulary book practising listening, reading, speaking and writing skills together.
• Experience in teaching young French students English in Paris and English students French in London.
• Giving tuition in audition preparation for drama school auditions teaching vocal technique, including breath support, diction and accent and searching for speeches and guidance on performance, both in London and Paris.
• Theatre and Education performance at the Centre George Pompidou for the exhibition “Pourquoi pas toi”- an exhibition for children aged 8 to 15 engaging children’s curiosity and doing workshops.