The University of Manchester
Information about Ruslan
Dear All !
IMPORTANT: In these turbulent times I am happy to provide high quality online classes via Skype or Zoom.
I offer classes in Financial Mathematics, CQF, CFA, Econometrics (Eviews, STATA, SAS), Time Series, Actuarial Science, Market Risk, Probability and Statistics, Stochastic Calculus, Machine Learning, Meural Networks, ODE, PDE, Linear Algebra, Complex Numbers, Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Physics, Python Programming, C++ Programming and many other related subjects.
This may be useful for:
1) Undergraduate and postgraduate students studying above subjects and struggling with their projects or preparing for exams.
2) Recent and prospective MSc and PhD graduates who intend to apply for Quantitative roles in investment banks.
3) Those who already work in the City but wish to improve their mathematical level and/or understanding of Derivative Pricing and Risk Management. In this case, the lessons may include Applied Mathematics (Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Stochastic Processes), Equity Derivatives, Interest Rates and FX, Credit Modelling, Portfolio Risk Management, optional Python and C++ Programming.
I also help A-Level students, and provide pre-University and entrance exams preparation (Cambridge, Oxford).
The length and contents of studies are adjusted individually. During the lessons, solved are many practical problems, whereas theoretical concepts are explained with no complex proofs but rather in a clear and concise way.
My skills profile is as follows:
- More than 25 years tutoring experience.
- PhD in Applied Mathematics.
- Highly ranked position in Academia and Investment Banking industry.
- Professional member of the American Mathematical Society and the Society of Quantitative Analysts.
- Broad range of subjects covered.
- Availability at short notice.
- Experience of working with the students from various UK Universities including UCL, Imperial, London City, Birkbeck, Kings, Durham, Manchester, Birmingham, Kent, Bath, York, etc.
- Experience of working with professional clients of various backgrounds from different companies including Deutsche Bank, UBS, Bank of America, ABN AMRO, etc.
- Excellent reputation and high ethical and professional principles.
I offer a free no obligation consultation which may include your current level assessment or discussion of the study program. For further information please contact me through the link provided.
I am really proud that the majority of my students pass with the first class independently on their initial maths level (provided they put certain effort of course !)
Thank you very much for reading. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further info or advice.
Selected modules covered recently:
BIRKBECK: EMEC028S6 Portfolio Management
BIRKBECK: BUEM003S6 Statistics: Theory and Practice
BIRKBECK: BUEM004S6 Advanced Mathematical Methods
BRISTOL: MATH30014 Financial Risk Management
BOURNEMOUTH: ACC1046H Investment Management
CASS: FR2202 Financial Econometrics
CASS: SMM269 Fixed Income Securities
CASS: SMM270 Foundations of Econometrics
CASS: SMM271 Econometrics of Financial Markets
CASS: SMM272 Risk Analysis
CASS: SMM302 Stochastic Modelling Methods in Finance
CASS: SMM306 Advanced Stochastic Modelling
CASS: SMM313 Numerical Methods: Applications
CASS: SMM939 Quantitative Methods for Business
CASS: BS1003 Financial Mathematics & Business Statistics
CASS: MS1203 Management Science
CASS: BS1209 Introduction to Financial and Management Accounting
CASS: MS2103 Operations Management
CQF: Certificate in Quantitative Finance
ESSEX: EC252-5-SP Introduction to Econometric Methods
GREENWICH: STAT1027 Statistical Methods and Time Series Analysis
IMPERIAL: BS0317 Financial Econometrics
IMPERIAL: BS2110/BS0310 Mathematics for Finance
KINGS: 7SSMM700 Quantitative Methods for Finance
KINGSTON: AM5200 Survival and Stochastic Models
LONDON: 15PFMC096 Econometric Principles and Data Analysis
LONDON: FN3092 Corporate Finance
LSE: MA103 Introduction to Abstract Mathematics
LSE: ST108 Probability and Statistics for the Social Sciences
LSE: ST302 Stochastic Processes
LSE: ST304 Time Series and Forecasting
NOTTINGHAM: G12SMM Statistical Methods and Models
NOTTINGHAM: L12320 Econometrics
QUEEN MARY: ECOM122 Applied Finance with Eviews
QUEEN MARY: MTH772P Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
TILBURG: 323060 Investment Analysis
UCL: COMPG001 Financial Data and Statistics
UCL: COMPG004 Market Risk, Measures and Portfolio Theory
UCL: COMPG008 Stochastic Processes For Finance
UCL: COMPG012 Financial Engineering
UCL: MATHGF03 Equities, Foreign Exchange and Commodities Modelling
UCL: MATHGF06 Applied Computational Finance
UCL: MSIN0146 Financial Management
UCL: MSINM014/MSING014/MSING014BD Decision & Risk Analysis
YORK: MAT00028M Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
YORK: Numerical Methods in Finance with C++
+ many other modules from many Universities in the UK, US and Continental Europe.
Availability: Evenings and weekends.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: I hold a PhD in Applied Mathematics, work as a Quantitative Analyst and have over 25 years of tutoring experience.
DBS Check: YesContact this Tutor
Feedback For Ruslan (2)
Ruslan was an excellent tutor who explained concepts thoroughly whilst remaining extremely clear. After two sessions with Ruslan going over Stochastic Calculus I was able to see a significant increase in my understanding as well as my application when it came to exams and various projects. I would highly recommend Ruslan to anyone looking to further their understanding in economics, mathematics and/or Statistics.
Ruslan is a highly qualified professor that can speak the language of a student and was able to help me with difficult graduate course in Quantitative Finance field. Ruslan understands student needs well and knows common mistakes students make. He explains concepts in Statistics and Derivatives very well, making complex subjects easier. Moreover, he was able to help me with short notice requests regarding my homeworks and was able to answer questions about my university projects outside our regular classes. He is very knowledgeable and his record speaks for itself. He made me feel very comfortable and guided me in navigating the hardest concepts with intuition. I will continue having classes with Ruslan and highly recommend to other students!