I am a qualified English teacher at Moorside High School in Werrington. I have previously worked as an English teacher at both Alleynes Academy in Stone, and Sir Stanley Ormiston Academy in Blurton. I am up to date with the current 9-1 grading scheme. I am currently teaching the WJEC mark scheme in English Literature and Language, teaching from year 7 up to GCSE in year 10 and 11. I work for both WJEC and AQA examination boards, in which I mark GCSE papers. This means I am qualified to teach both WJEC and AQA at GCSE. I have taught English as a second language in Thailand and have a lot of experience with personal tutoring. I have a love for poetry and prose, and excel in achieving the best in English GCSE and A level.
Availability: Evenings 5-9
Weekends any time
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: - Two years experience teaching assistant in English in London.Contact this Tutor
- Taught at Alleynes Academy, Stone, Sir Stanley Matthews Academy in Blurton and I am now teaching at Moorside High School in Werrington.
One year experience teaching English as a second language in Thailand.
- A* in English literature and language at GCSE and A and A* in English language and literature at A level.
- 1.1 degree in English literature at the University of Greenwich, London.
- PGCE Teaching degree, graded outstanding.
- Masters degree in Education
- Two years experience of personal tutoring GCSE and A level students.
- GCSE examiner for both AQA and WJEC.
Experience of both the WJEC and AQA mark scheme, and experience of the new 9-1 grading system.
I am currently teaching year 7 and 8. As well as teaching year 9,10 and 11 the GCSE preparation. I am very organised and capable of assessment for learning, achieving outstanding results.