Hello my name is Cenk. I am an experienced professional classical voice teacher and singer. Besides being busy with performing at many international venues I love using my time to pass on the knowledge I have.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Singing and Musicianship.
I also teach Languages, Music Theory and Aural Skills.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Advanced Dip from Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Masters in Performance from Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Masters in Music from Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
- Bachelors in Music from Trinity College of Music.
- Foundation from Trinity College of Music.
- How much do you charge?
Lessons are currently set at £50 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I prefer to teach at a studio in Soho (2 minutes from the Oxford Street tube station) but will travel within Central London.
- When are you available?
My schedule is flexible, and can accommodate most requests.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
From beginner to advanced. No age discrimination policy.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Music college.
- Singing exams.
- Grades in singing (1 - 8).
- General auditions.
- Choir entrance auditions.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
What better way to express oneself but to sing? Fundamentally I believe that singing should be fun. Even though sometimes it can be hard work, it never is dull! One can really discover oneself through singing! Why not take that journey?
I believe that it is solid vocal technique which ultimately unlocks freedom for a singer. During lessons I usually like to concentrate on breathing, vocal technique, musicianship, interpretation and performance. Concentrating on these will also allow you to be ahead of your competition. With good honest singing I believe that my students are equipped to sing classical, jazz, music theatre or pop.
Availability: I teach weekdays from 10am to 8pm.
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: - What kind of experience do you have?Contact this Tutor
I have been teaching privately for the past 4 years preparing students for auditions and concerts. I took part in The Sixteen education projects to teach singers who are interested in choral music. Besides teaching classical singing, I also teach musical theatre, jazz and pop. I have a track record for getting pupils into London music schools and choirs.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I do not have a CRB certificate as I have not worked in a school.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. During my time there I have trained with Andrew Watts, Yvonne Kenny, David Daniels, Brian Asawa, Emma Kirkby, Christoph PrÃ©gardien, Amanda Roocroft, Sarah Walker and Benjamin Luxon. I`ve been coached by Peter Robinson, Linnhe Robertson, Liz Rowe, Liz Marcus, Michael Pugh, Roy Laughlin, Eugene Asti, Sandra Smith, Gordon Stewart, and Clive Timms.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the Musicians` Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Most of my students are choral singers looking to improve on and strengthen their technique to help them survive the rigours of choir rehearsals. I also have many students that are pursuing a solo career, most of whom are looking into entering a conservatoire. Some of my students are also specialising in music theatre.