I am Cameron. I am based in Lisburn and I provide tutoring in Chemistry and Biology. I am currently studying Medicine at QUB, having previously graduated from Ulster University with a 1st Class honours degree in Biomedical Sciences, where I was awarded the Physiological Society Award for the top dissertation in biomed.
I have expert knowledge in Biology and Chemistry at both GCSE and A-level and have previously tutored at both these levels. I aim to provide my students with detailed knowledge of these two subject fields in a way that further enhances their understanding. I focus on explaining scientific concepts using clear language in an easily-understood format, and in a non-pressured environment.
I help my students to not only understand a topic, but also how to apply their acquired knowledge to a unfamiliar scenario which may arise as a question in an examination paper. I make my study sessions as interactive as possible to fully engage students in order to maximise their learning potential in the session. I like to give my students time to ask any questions they might have regarding a topic. I always attempt to finish every session with some past examination paper questions on the topic in question, to ensure my student understands the topic and can apply their knowledge to an exam question.
Above all, I adopt a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere and try to make the subject material enjoyable, with plenty of open engagement and time for questioning.
I also help students preparing for their UCAT for entry into medical school.
If you are interested or would just like to discuss further, please feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you within 24 hours :)
Availability: - Flexible throughout the working week and fully available on weekends
- Flexibility is always suited to the student`s individual time availabilities
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: 1. Currently studying a MB BCh BAO Medical Degree
2. Bachelor of Sciences - Biomedical Science
- Graduated with 1st class honours
- Graduated 1st in a class of 200 students
- Advanced academic research in Type II diabetes
- Recipient of the `Royal Society of Biology Prize` for the highest university marks across 5 scientific courses
- Recipient of the `Physiological Society Prize` for the best dissertation project in Biomedical Science.
3. Completed GCSE, AS and A2 Level Biology and Chemistry, achieving high marks in all elements
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor