This profile is not active
Biomedical Science (hons)
Related Links: Biochemistry Lessons, Biology Tutors, Primary Biology Tutors, KS3 Biology Tutors, GCSE Biology Tutors, A-Level Biology Tutors, Chemistry Tutors, Primary Chemistry Tutors, KS3 Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, A-Level Chemistry Tutors, Maths Tutors, Primary Maths Tutors, KS3 Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, Personal Statements Lessons
Information about Maria
I am a Biomedical Science (Bsc) graduate, and I am currently a Dental student at Queens University Belfast. Therefore, I have extensive knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, and Maths.
- A-Level Biology, Maths, Chemistry tuition
- AS Level Psychology
- GCSE Level Biology, Maths, Chemistry, and Psychology
- Biomedical Sciences BSc Years 1-3 Tutoring/Essay writing (I achieved 75-80% in my extended essays during my degree)
- Dissertation assistance (I achieved 76% in my dissertation and an award from the School of dental sciences at Newcastle University)
- Dentistry and Medicine application assistance
I am a highly motivated, determined, and hardworking individual with advanced interpersonal skills and marketing abilities, both of which were essential in my six years of event planning, fundraising, and tutoring.
Availability: Weekday after 5PM, sometimes I may be even more flexible midweek depending on the day if requested specific times.
Free all day on weekends.
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: Self-Employed Private Tutor (A-Level) (Aug 2018-Present)
- Proofread students university applications, offering constructive feedback and guidance on content,
structure and grammar.
- Designed academic resources adapted to each clients requirements, including practice question sets and revision cards.
- Teaching students fundamentals in essay writing, scientific writing, and exam technique.
Richmond Park Academy Tutor (GCSEs) (Sept 2016-Jul 2017)
- Teaching students fundamentals in mathematics, providing positive reinforcement and feedback to advance their skills. Whilst assessing students academic progress periodically.
- Increased a cohort of 25-students grades from E (Fail) to A*-C.
North East Solidarity and Teaching (N.E.S.T) Tutor
- Teaching refugees (learners) at various ages fundamentals in English language and skills to smoothen their transition into Newcastle.
- Training individuals for the ILETS exam, assessing mocks papers and teaching exam techniques to achieve their academic goals.
One-Sixty Fundraising Street Fundraiser (Jul 2018-Aug 2018)
- Maintaining the ability to approach, engage and motivate members of the public to contribute to the charity.
- Work under time and target-based pressures to inspire a high volume of donors, successfully hitting KPIs.
- Occasionally team lead which entails co-ordinating, motivating and supporting groups of individuals
- This demonstrates my excellent communication skills, empathetic and sociable nature required to successfully teach individuals.