I am a full time Theatre Studies teacher and director at Cranleigh School in the Surrey Hills. I graduated from the University of Kent with a 1st Class BA in English & American Literature and Drama with a year abroad at UC Berkeley. After training as a musical theatre performer I later completed an MA in Theatre Directing at the Orange Tree Theatre through St Marys University.
I am a fun and bubbly teacher with a very strong work ethic, who is patient and encouraging with tutees. I am particularly strong at working with pupils on essay writing and exam technique, as well as in-depth analysis of text.
Having achieved 5 A`s and 5 A*`s at GCSE in 2008, and 2 A`s and 1 A* at A Level in 2010, I have a great understanding of academic syllabuses and how to achieve the best results.
I am a passionate and patient teacher who can balance fun learning with focused and accurate work. I believe that it is important to work at whatever pace is necessary with a tutee who may not be as confident in a particular subject or area of study. It is also vital to make the study of a specific subject as enjoyable as possible for a tutee so that one can bring out the best in their work. My work ethic has always been very strong and I believe that focused work, little and often, on the specific issues that need particular attention, is always the most effective approach to academic study.
I provide the following tutoring services:
1. General tutoring in English Literature and English language at all levels for all ages.
2. General tutoring in Drama and Theatre Studies coursework and exam practice for GCSE and A Level.
3. General tutoring in Psychology and Classics at A Level and History at GCSE.
4. Maths tutoring for primary and secondary school level.
5. Exam preparation, including full assessment of skills and areas that need attention.
6. Advice and coaching in overcoming problems with studying, and confidence building.
7. Setting and marking assignments, mock tests and homework.
8. Specific lessons geared to specific exam boards after consultation with students as to exact needs.
9. Last minute exam / revision practice.
10. University application and interview advice.
11. Home schooling
12. Acting/vocal coaching for drama school applications/ monologues and songs.
Availability: Saturdays and school holidays.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: I am a full time teacher and have been a tutor for 4 years. Last year I tutored 15 students, who have all saw their grades dramatically improve since working with me. Many of my tutees have gone on to attend prestigious sixth forms and universities, including Oxford. Others have come to me to retake A Level and GCSE exams and seen an increase in their results by several grades within a year, allowing them entry to their preferred university. I also specialise in part-time home schooling and acting tuition. Contact this Tutor