I am an Experienced (Senior) Tutor and hold a MSc in Biomedical Engineering from Imperial College London. I also hold a BEng honours degree in Aeronautics, achieving a First Class.
My knowledge in Physics and Maths extends to a Degree Level and I also hold extensive knowledge in Chemistry up to AS Level.
I run my own Tuition Centre in Ilford and have been successfully doing so for over a year now.
I strongly believe that having knowledge and expressing it are two different things and I have continually learnt to include variety of teaching skills to explain complex ideas into the simplest form and inculcate the basic knowledge into the minds of my students. My teaching approach is always based on my students` requirements. I try to analyze the methods that work best for a student and am always open to mend my ways/include newer techniques to make my students learn. Some of these include the following strategies:
* Making my students understand the basic concepts first followed by advancing to more complex problems using enough practice problems at every stage
* Providing them with extensively useful tricks and mind maps to retain a vast range of information
* Enhanced practice using past questions papers as well as various sets of indirect questions (I always set these twisted questions myself to make them confident of solving any unfamiliar questions, I have witnessed enormous boost in their confidence when they are able to understand and solve such questions)
* Strategically planned lessons to make best use of time
* Working on their writing as well as time management skills which play a crucial role in securing good grades
* I always try to keep their morale high and work to keep improving their self confidence
Teaching as a profession has always attracted me as it involves great challenge and thrill to introduce and make someone understand complex concepts of the subject. I believe that educating and training the young minds and watching them succeed is a matter of great joy and satisfaction.
Availability: Monday-Thursday Afternoons & Evenings and Weekends.
Also available in the Mornings and Afternoons during Holidays.
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: I have 6 years of experience in the teaching where I have taught students from KS1- Degree Level. Contact this Tutor
I tutor the following subjects:
KS1 & KS2: Maths and English
KS3 & KS4: Maths and Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), (OCR, Edexcel, AQA).
A-Level: Maths, Biology and Physics, (OCR, Edexcel, AQA).
AS Level: Chemistry (OCR, Edexcel, AQA).