I am a tutor with a degree in Mathematics from Oxford University.
Unlike most tutors, I teach privately as a full-time profession. This in itself has many benefits for you:
(1) You get a tutor who is genuinely dedicated to his work, not someone who does it as a secondary job
(2) Tutoring full time means has allowed me to develop a great deal of teaching experience. I have prepared over 120 students privately for their examinations in 9 years of individual tuition
(3) My tuition is optimized for individual rather than classroom teaching. I am quick to adapt to the ability and character of each student - I change the content, style and pace of teaching according to what works best for them.
(4) One of my best abilities is to be able to pinpoint weaknesses, then write my own questions on the spot designed to target those weaknesses specifically. I can focus exactly on what the student needs to improve on.
(5) I have taught all 4 syllabuses and am familiar with the questions that each syllabus likes to ask in the exam.
I have developed my own original teaching methods that students understand quickly and are able to apply to questions immediately, bringing them success in their exams.
Good notes are vital to doing well in maths, and I provide a complete set of course notes for you during the tutorial. I take care to write notes that are organised and well-structured, with enough examples to cover all the common exam questions. This will help you greatly as you``ll be able to do all your revision from these notes, and they`ll be a lot easier to understand than any current textbook.
I offer a range of teaching services in addition to 1-to-1 lessons. I currently teach some students in pairs and I can also arrange small group sessions at more economical rates. Please ask me if you are interested in any of these options.
Please note that I prefer to teach higher level maths but will sometimes accept GCSE students. Most of my students are studying for A Levels but I also train some undergraduates and professional workers.
My students achieve an average of a 2-3 grade improvement with some improving by over 4 grades. One of my students went from U to A* in 2 modules in the space of 2.5 months! I have also helped many grade D/E students get up to a B. Other achievements are to help a grade D student get a score of 90% overall within the space of 9 months, a grade U student to get a C within the space of 4 months, and a grade B student to get an A in each of 6 modules that he sat, including further maths modules. Such huge improvements within short spaces of time are possible because my teaching is concise, clear and directly aimed at answering exam questions. Of course, every successful student has to work hard to get the full benefits of my tuition.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss tutorials further.
Availability: Please note that I do not travel to teach unless it`s within walking distance or you have a reason that can convince me otherwise. I teach at home and you are welcome to sit in the same room as I teach in for the duration of the lesson.
For the first lesson, I will give the first hour of a 2 hour lesson free of charge to negate Tutorhunt`s fees to the student and also for you to try me out.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: 11 years tutoring Maths as a full time profession. Over 120 students. Contact this Tutor