Okechukwu (Tutor in London)
PhD in Manufacturing
University of South Wales (formerly...
MSc Engineering Management
University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Related Links: AutoCAD Lessons, Biology Tutors, Primary Biology Tutors, KS3 Biology Tutors, GCSE Biology Tutors, A-Level Biology Tutors, Chemistry Tutors, Primary Chemistry Tutors, KS3 Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, Engineering Tutors, Maths Tutors, Adult Learner Maths Tutors, Primary Maths Tutors, KS3 Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, A-Level Maths Tutors, Degree Maths Tutors, Physics Tutors, Adult Learner Physics Tutors, Primary Physics Tutors, KS3 Physics Tutors, GCSE Physics Tutors, A-Level Physics Tutors, Degree Physics Tutors, Statistics Lessons
Information about Okechukwu
I have recently completed a PhD in Engineering at Cranfield University. I also hold a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and a first degree in Mechanical Engineering. I teach Maths and Science at all levels, including KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, A-Levels and Degree Level. I also support students in proof-reading their dissertations and helping to My English Language is exceptional and I have a DBS Certificate.
I have been tutoring for more than 8 years with excellent results so far. Some of these students include
1. Student A, whom I have been tutoring Maths for over a year. She`s moved from being average in Mathematics and Physics to being best in her class in the last 4 assessment she`s hard. Consequently, she has moved from Set 4 in her level to Set 2 -a remarkable jump.
2. Student B, whom I tutored Maths for her GCSE in 2016. She was poor in Maths when we started as confirmed in her Mocks. Within 4 months, we worked on her Maths Competency and her Maths Skills. She eventually had an A in Maths for GCSE and for AS Maths, which I taught her, she had an A (79% S1, 89% C1 and 100% in C2)
3. My three student whom I tutored for GCSE Science 2017, all had straight As.
4. A student who I tutored Maths, Physics and Chemistry at GCSE level had an A.9 in his exams, passed his Grammar school intake exam and is currently in his 6th form.
5. Taught two students at Loughbough Uni and Licoln Uni, Statistics and Advanced Maths respectively, for their resit exams. They both passed at first sitting.
6. Currently teaching A level Maths to Student. With my help, he was able to get As in all his Advanced Maths Modules (OCR)
7. Two students whom I supported by reviewing their BEng and MSc dissertations both had an "A" in their thesis. One was an FE Analysis on ship structures and the other, lean manufacturing on PCBs manufacturing.
8. I was brought in to teach AutoCAD to 6 A-level students of a top Independent College in London. They gave great feedback.
I have coached students for interviews (University placement, PhD interviews) and job interviews. 2 of these students are at UCL, one is at Cambridge as a Gates Scholar and I have numerous who have gone on to clinch professional roles within top companies.
There are many other students I have supported. I am happy for you to contact these students if need be.
1. Assessing the student need by detailed questioning.
2. Drawing out a plan that adequately caters for any tests and assessments.
3. Detailed tutoring which includes breaking the concepts and tackling questions from past papers along the way and questions asked by the students.
4. Preparing a Mock Exam for them where I test their preparedness for their final exams.
5. Giving feedback to the parents and working on feedback(s).
My two primary aims are to develop, maintain and stimulate pupils` curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Mathematics and the Sciences, and for each student I tutor to achieve top class success. My minimum target is an A.
Availability: Weekends and selected week days, depending on the student`s availability.
I take the train to the student`s house- I am easily accessible. There is a separate transport expense, which varies.
Willing to travel: 50 miles
Experience: Teaching students on an ad-hoc arrangement their GSCE`s, A-levels, BTech and University teaching since 2007. I have over 500 tutoring hours. I have taught students in Cardiff, Wales, and I currently teach in and around London, Kent area which includes Surrey, Stoke, Milton Keynes and Bedfordshire.Contact this Tutor
Feedback For Okechukwu (5)
Oke helped our son with his Physic`s massively. He help improve his understanding of the areas our son had problems with. We would not hesitate on using Oke again if our son needs a physics tutor
We would recommend Oke without hesitation. He has been fantastic in helping our daughter not only gain confidence in maths but also thrive in the subject.
My son wanted a tutor to help him with his GCSE Maths and we are so pleased to have found Oke.
Not only has my son said that he has learned more with Oke in one hour, than he has in a whole year at school, we have found him to be pleasant, polite, diligent, very intelligent and enthusiastic about his subject and his students.
His communication skills are exemplary and he always responds to messages very promptly, as well as accommodating our requirements.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Oke.
We have only used Oke for 3 weeks but he has been fabulous so far. He has engaged both my 9 year old and my 14 year old which is a huge achievement. Both have warmed to him and feel that they have learned from him.Thank you
Oke just started tutoring my son and i can see lots of potential already.
Oke did a really excellent job with our son who is a university student and needed to resit an exam on quantitative analysis. even though its a specialised area, Oke had done a lot of research ahead of the first meeting, he knows his stuff and is able to explain complex concepts very clearly. He is very patient and encouraging. i recommend him very highly