Violin, viola and music theory teacher based in London and originally from Edinburgh. I studied my undergraduate degree in violin performance at the Royal Northern College of Music, and then went on to study for a masters degree in Historically Informed Performance Practice at the University of Glasgow (in conjunction with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland).
I enjoy a busy freelance performance career, including both classical and session work, where I have recently performed with the Scottish Concert Orchestra, the Kellie Consort (a baroque ensemble), and the Rogue Orchestra - who recently recorded for Jon Fratelli`s upcoming album.
With a passion for delivering the highest quality of music education to pupils of all ages and abilities, I have a wealth of experience of violin and music tuition as detailed below. I am particularly committed to making lessons and performance opportunities an enjoyable and fun experience, whilst still helping students to achieve their potential and play at the highest level.
Currently based in Scotland and relocating to London in January 2018 - lessons available from then onwards.
Availability: By negotiation
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: Private violin teaching: 2016 to presentContact this Tutor
- Responsible for giving individual lessons to violin students of various ages and abilities.
- Experience of taking pupils successfully through ABRSM exams.
Strings instructor for Renfrewshire Council: 2016 to 2017
- Delivered individual and group violin and viola lessons to primary and secondary pupils at various schools throughout the local authority.
- Responsible for preparing pupils for school music exams, with 100% of my pupils attaining an `A` grade.
- Coached both the symphony orchestra and string groups for the area, preparing them for performances and teaching groups in sectional rehearsals.
Violinist and Workshop Leader for the Scottish Chamber Orchestra: 2016 to 2017
- Demonstrating and teaching various string instruments to children attending the SCO`s children`s concerts and events in dynamic and engaging group sessions.
Placement with Artis Education: 2013
- Assisted in the planning and delivery of engaging whole-class arts workshops of up to 30 school children.
Placement with `Big Noise` Sistema Scotland: 2013
- Planned and delivered outreach and educational projects with the group, including a side-by-side performance with the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland.
- Worked successfully with pupils from a range of backgrounds, including some with highly restrictive language barriers.