The University of Edinburgh
1:1 First Class with Honours (2016)
Information about Teun
Experienced in programming languages: Java, C#, SQL, Python, Javascri pt, CSS, HTML, GML (GameMaker Language)
I am currently working as a Full Stack developer in one of the world`s biggest e-commerce web platforms. At The University of Edinburgh I have been awarded with a First class degree with Honours for Computer Science and Software Engineering (QS-Ranked among the top 20 universities worldwide for many years).
I have always found it great to learn new things, and my main method of doing so is by talking about these topics with others. This is a very engaging and social way of discovering and memorizing new things.
My learning methods involve efficient memorization through visualizing any concept (even when theoretical). The lessons I offer will be engaging, and will leave you thinking about what else there is to find out about, and lead to new discoveries.
Aside my educational background, I have worked on many projects as well as with other companies.
I am natively Dutch, but moved to Sweden at an age of 16. After learning the language in 3 months time, I enrolled with the rest of the Swedish students. Here I maxed out all my courses, and I want the students that I teach to achieve the same, and wish to help them do so.
Another hobby of mine is to create games. When I was 17 years old I developed a multiplayer game from scratch, along with the music, art, video, all of which I hosted on my website.
Availability: WEEK DAYS:
Willing to travel: 3 miles
Experience: Teaching specific:
- Currently teaching adult learners and fellow students with their projects and university studies.
- Helping children with learning the fundamentals of computer science and programming, through the creation of GameMaker games.
- Taught dancing choreographies to groups of ca. 20 people at LSE.
- Teaching and mentoring fellow colleagues at work.
Areas of Expertise:
- Software Development & Programming
- Computer Science
- Computer Game Creation
- Full Stack Web Development
- Working as a Full Stack developer in one of the world`s biggest e-commerce websites
- Worked as a software developer at Monitor in Sweden
- Worked as a backend web developer at Ican Future Star, helping 6th form students get in touch with universities and allowing students to connect with each other.
- Developed a Data Science platform at Newton`s Cradle in cooperation with fellow course mates
- Created artificial intelligence in a lego robot for fully autonomously playing table football matches.
- Created an official extension for GameMaker to allow the creation of multiplayer games on the web browser
- Developed a mobile application for a company in The Netherlands
- Created many games as a hobby in my spare time