I am an LSE graduate in BSc Accounting and Finance and have also obtained postgraduate qualifications in Statistics. I am currently a dedicated and passionate full-time tutor, I am passionate about my subjects and dedicated to seeing students do well.
I was privileged enough to be afforded a very good private education and originally decided to take on tutoring as an opportunity to share my knowledge with others and allow them to realise their full potential and all the other benefits of a good education.
Although I do not have many reviews or references viewable on this profile, I have several signed references as evidence of my capabilities. They are also viewable online on my personal website.
Five main factors have contributed to my success so far namely,
- I have high expectations of myself and my students, I believe every student can achieve the best grades with the right help
- I instil confidence and a can do attitude in students, regularly reminding them that nothing is hard if you have been shown how to do it properly
- I listen to students, this keeps lessons interactive and ensures I have constant update on their thought process and current understanding
- I am relatively young so students feel comfortable engaging with me and enjoy learning from me
- I ensure continuous support for students, I make myself available for questions via phone or e-mail throughout the day to ensure the support does not end at the end of the lesson!
- Academic Year 2011 - 2012 I helped a student who was predicted a C grade at GCSE to achieve a coveted place at Eltham College after passing a difficult 16+ exam
- Academic year 2012 - 2013 I helped a student who scored a D grade at AS Economics achieve an A grade at A2 level after 8 months of tuition. He was the only student to score an A grade in his school since 2007.
- Academic Year 2013 - 2014 I helped a student who scored a C grade at AS Economics achieve an A grade at A2 Economics with an impressive 97% in Unit 1, 99% in Unit 2 and 100% in Unit 3. He had also had three previous tutors who he was dissatisfied with before coming to me.
- Academic Year 2015 - 2016 I helped a student who achieved a B at AS improve to an A* in Edexcel Economics
- Academic Year 2016 - 2017 I helped a student with mild learning difficulties improve from an E at AS Economics to a B in A2 AQA Economics. This was his highest grade across his two years of A-level studies.
Availability: Monday - Sunday
10:00 - 23:00
I am normally fully booked by mid- October.
Willing to travel: 50 miles
Experience: At degree level I have taught Macro and Micro Economics to students attending Russell Group Universities, this year I helped an international student from Ukraine achieve over 70% in both Macro and Micro Economics at Queen Mary University. Contact this Tutor
I have taught A-Level Economics across Edexcel, AQA and OCR syllabuses with equal success. I have never had a student score below a B grade in any exam and I have had many students progress from D and C grades at AS- Level to A grades at A2 Level. I have also had several students score over 90% in modules. This academic year I had a student who scored a C grade at AS eventually achieve an A grade at A2 with a remarkable 97% in Unit 1, 99% in Unit 2 and 100% in Unit 3.
I have taught Mathematics at A-Level, GCSE, 16+ and 11+ common entrance levels and covered AQA, Edexcel and iGCSE exam boards. I have helped students gain coveted places at top independent schools, at 16+ level I have had students admitted to Eltham College and at the 11+ level I have had students admitted to Eltham College and Bromley High in the last 2 years. I have also help students improve from as low as C grades at GCSE to A grades, however my most notable success this year came when I helped an AS Maths student who scored a D grade in January achieve a B grade in May with an impressive 84% in C1.