St George`s Hospital Medical School
Biomedical Science with Anatomy, Neuroscience and Physi...
First Class Honours (2019)
Related Links: Biochemistry Lessons, Biology Tutors, Adult Learner Biology Tutors, Primary Biology Tutors, KS3 Biology Tutors, GCSE Biology Tutors, A-Level Biology Tutors, Degree Biology Tutors, Chemistry Tutors, Adult Learner Chemistry Tutors, Primary Chemistry Tutors, KS3 Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, A-Level Chemistry Tutors, Degree Chemistry Tutors, Medicine Lessons, Neuroscience Lessons, Pathology Lessons, Personal Statements Lessons
Information about Meet
I am currently a second year Medical Student at Brighton and Sussex Medical School. I have achieved a Bachelor of Science degree from St George`s Hospital Medical School in London in Biomedical Science with a specialization in anatomy. I have also been a qualified anatomy demonstrator for St George`s Hospital Medical School for three years and taught every course in the school and medical students up to third year.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: 1. Employed as Demonstrator of Anatomy for the third year at St. Georges, University of London at present, the role has been invaluable with regard to developing adaptive communication skills, to tailor teaching to individual students, courses, and year groups.
2. A firm and extensive knowledge of clinical human anatomy has been gained through this role through teaching preclinical and clinical year Medical students (years 1-3), Biomedical Science B.Sc. students (years 1-2), Physiotherapy M.Sc. students (undergraduate and post-registration) and Paramedic Science B.Sc. students (undergraduate and post-registration). Total number of hours taught since initiation of role is over 150 hours.
3. In June 2019 the role of Anatomy Demonstrator extended to being and examiner and invigilating in the end of year Medicine MBBS year 1 and 2 Objective Structured Practical Exams in anatomy.
4. For The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, under the supervision of Mr Paul Carter FRCS FRCOG, an anatomy spotter exam on female pelvic anatomy was organised.
5. Additionally, 30 Consultant and Senior Registrar level Obstetricians and Gynaecologists were taught anatomy using cadaveric specimens in the Dissecting Room of St. Georges, University of London alongside Mr Paul Carter and Dr Mandeep Sagoo.
6. Invited as a Guest Lecturer by Kingston University London, a lecture on Diverticular disease, its anatomy, pathology and epidemiology was delivered in May 2019 to an audience of over 80 second year Paramedic Science B.Sc. students.
7. For the Henry Gray Anatomical Society of St. Georges, University of London, for the annual New Year lecture series the lecture on the Endocrine and Genitourinary systems was delivered in January 2018 and 2019 each time to an audience of over 180 students from all courses at St. Georges, University of London. Additionally, for 5 three-hour anatomy revisions sessions, first- and second-year medical students were tutored.
8. I have also taught in the dissecting room of Brighton and Sussex Medical School by special invitation of the Deans office and the Professor of Anatomy.
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor