Hi! My name`s Andrew, a recent aerospace engineering graduate and full time teacher / tutor. I studied at the University of Cambridge with a year on exchange at MIT, achieving first class results including the top mark in second year engineering at Cambridge. After leaving university I worked as an investment banker, which I have since left to become a teacher. I now teach A level maths part-time at a prestigious central London school, and tutor in various subjects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Engineering at BEng level for most disciplines, including aerospace, electrical, mechanical, civil, etc.
- Areas of maths and physics undergraduate degrees where there is sufficient overlap with engineering (e.g. applied maths)
- University admissions tests and interview preparation (particularly for Oxbridge engineering)
- Mathematics at all school levels
- Physics at all school levels
- Chemistry at all school levels
SPECIFIC CASE STUDIES:
- Over a summer, I helped a student in their second year of mechanical engineering at a leading Russell Group university who needed to do resits in all of their exams. Over the course of six weeks I helped the student to learn and practice the entire course, aiding them in improving their grade from a fail to a 2.i
- I taught a second year student at a London university who had failed two exams in their aeronautical engineering degree. Over the course of the summer I helped them improve their understanding and confidence, and they comfortably passed their resit exams
I have hundreds of hours of paid tutoring experience, and a long history of helping students achieve their goals. I aim to be as open and welcoming to students as possible, with the hope that all my tutees will enjoy learning their subject as much as I enjoy teaching them.
Degree level rates are negotiable based on factors including frequency of sessions and complexity of material - please get in touch if you would like to discuss pricing!
Availability: Full time professional tutor
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: I have extensive experience in tutoring at all levels from primary school maths to degree level engineering
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor