Qualified Maths and Sciences tutor of all levels from the University of Oxford Physics Department with 7+ years of teaching experience.
- (Enhanced DBS certified)
- Online tutoring available
- Detailed experience further down the page
- TEFL Gold Teaching Qualification
- Oxford University PAT examination: 95th percentile achieved
- A-Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry: A*A*A*A
- AS-Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and R.S. & Philosophy: AAAAA (97% avg)
- GCSEs: 10 A*s (avg 97.3%)
- Winner of the Excellence Award in mathematics/physics for three consecutive years for the top mathematician/physicist in the cohort
- 3 x Gold award in the UKMT Mathematical Challenge
- 2nd place in the UK KSF Maths Challenge
- 7 x England National finalist in the Delancey and EPSCA Championships
Oxbridge & Russell Group university admissions coaching
- Tailored interview preparation to boost a wide range of skills: specific problem solving skills, confidence, articulation, thinking skills, etc.
- Mock interviews to replicate the Oxbridge style assessment
- Admissions test tutoring for MAT/PAT/TSA/STEP etc.
- UCAS Personal statement drafting and development
- Application advice/guidance: university choices, extended reading content, etc.
Tuition for KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, IB, A-Level, and beyond
- Long term regular tutoring for Maths (including Further Maths) and Sciences
- Last minute tuition to boost weaker areas and gain exam/mark-scheme specific knowledge and techniques
- Extra work/past papers set alongside schoolwork during the week to provide additional practise and reinforcement of subject knowledge
- Vacation tuition to either get ahead of the coming term/year or to catch and brush up on previous content.
Tuition for younger years
- Entrance exams for schools - including 11+
- Less exam-centred options, instead focusing on a wider range of subjects and `soft` skills
- Build foundations in core subjects
- Revision/study methods, motivation, confidence boosting, goal setting etc.
- Develop interests in school subjects in order to reach an independent and sustainable approach to study after tuition
Availability: Available all year.
Willing to travel: 12 miles
Feb 2014 Present | Private tuition (50+ students) tutoring Mathematics (+ Further), Physics, Chemistry and Biology to a mixture of school students (Oxbridge admissions, KS2, KS3, GCSE, A level). I cover various syllabuses: Edexcel, OCR, AQA etc.
June 2018 - Present | Online tutor for EasyLearning, rigorous online tutoring for elite students based in China. Also a registered tutor for UniAdmissions (specialising in supporting students with their applications to competitive universities and courses such as Oxbridge, Medicine and Law) and Titanium Tutors (one of the UK`s leading private tuition agencies).
May 2018 - Present | Tutor working for Grove Tutors which specialises in supporting students through primary and secondary education from a wide range of schools including: Charters School, Emanuel School, Eton College, Gordon`s School, Harrow School, Holyport College, LVS, Ranelagh School, St. George`s, The Marist, Wellington College and Whitgift School.
July Aug 2017 | Teaching intern Yangzhou Global IELTS, China - Spent two months teaching students primarily ranging from 15 to 22 years (including 1 to 1 tuition), to attain the Gold TEFL teaching qualification.
Sep 2016 Oct 2016 | Accredited Physics textbook editing, proofreading, and solutions working personally with the author of a series of published A-Level textbooks for the new specifications.
Sep 2016 | Invited to assist with the training of University of Oxford physics tutors, involving interviewing, going through problems, giving feedback on tutorial methods, developing assessment approaches etc.
June 2015 | Work experience Oldfield Primary School classroom assistant. Teaching, helping to control the class, and taking groups of students separately - going through additional work with them.
Sep 2013 - July 2015 | Tutor and managing role for a weekly maths support/mentor group. Working closely with students` teachers to integrate the support within the school`s maths teaching system.
June 2013 | Mathematics Masterclass - running a maths masterclass for high achieving primary school students.
Sep 2012 - July 2013 | Weekend school teacher - Teaching 8-10 year olds every week, involving lesson planning, worksheets, and engaging the group to stay focused.
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor