Cristina (Tutor in Brighton)
Institute of Cancer Research, Unive...
General Teaching Council (GTC)
Qualified Teacher Status Secondary
degree awarded by Canterbury Christ...
PGCE, secondary (Chemistry)
University of Heidelberg, Germany
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Information about Cristina
Looking for an experienced chemistry / biology / biochemistry tutor with a PhD?
I am a qualified science teacher, experienced tutor and former research scientist with a PhD in biophysical chemistry. I have tutored over 100 students and helped them to greatly improve their knowledge, study skills and confidence to perform at a high level in exams. We can work on exam preparation and review of coursework too.
Subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics.
All levels: from GCSE, A-levels and IB, to foundation courses, BSc and MSc levels.
I explain complex things in an easy and fun way, from degree level to GCSE level. I try to find out quickly, how much knowledge the student already has and what their learning style is to then adapt the pace of the lesson to the student, as well as my teaching style. Besides using scientific terminology, I also try to use everyday imagery and stories, in order to explain complex ideas in an accessible manner that sticks to memory.
Qualifications (certification available upon request):
- PhD in biophysical chemistry (Institute of Cancer Research, Univ. of London)
- Post-graduate certificate in education (PGCE, Imperial College London)
- Qualified teacher status (QTS)
- MSc and BSc in biochemistry and biophysics (Univ. of Heidelberg, Germany)
In any case, no matter whether we do organise a session or not, I hope you and your family keep well and healthy!
Availability: From noon to evenings, Monday - Sunday.
Willing to travel: 5 miles
Experience: - I have experience teaching with various exam boards for GCSE and A-level.
- I have tutored undergraduate & masters students as well as mature students on foundation courses.
- I have tutored over 100 UK and international students, from GCSE to degree level.
- In the past, I have also taught science for one year at two inner London schools (ages 11 to 18) and in China (ages 14 to 17).
- Additionally, I have taught undergraduate biochemistry classes at Imperial College London over two terms.
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor
Feedback For Cristina (7)
She was lovely, kind and a good teacher
Cristina was extremely useful in helping my daughter in the last few weeks of her exams. She clearly explained topics and gave good examples.
Good communication, knowledge and ability to explain to my son. Thank you!
Cristina is reliable and punctual. She has been a great help to my daughter in preparing for her A2 Chemistry
Christina is a very polite tutor, with a vast knowledge of Biology and Chemistry. She has definitely boosted my son`s confidence in both his GCSE Biology and Chemistry- a great tutor