Marine Environmental Protection
University of South Wales (formerly University of Glamo...
International Wildlife Biology
First (83%) (2018)
Biology, Chemistry, Media Studies Double Award
6 GCSE`s inc Mathematics and English
Physical Education and Hospitality
Information about Jessica
I am a qualified environmental scientist with experience in terrestrial and marine science and conservation. I most recently completed a Masters in Marine Environment Protection from Bangor University. I am excited to share my experience and passion for our environment with you to help you reach and exceed your full potential. I am patient and flexible and will tailor each session to meet your needs.
Below are some of my specialist areas - but note these are not exhaustive! I love to be challenged and problem solve, so please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss your requirements to see how I can help you.
GCSE and A-LEVEL (WJEC, OCR, AQA): I look forward to helping you to
- Understand key biology concepts such as respiration, digestion, photosynthesis, circulation, cellular biology, genetics, homeostasis, and physiology as well as biodiversity and nutrient cycles in ecosystems.
- Understand key environmental science concepts such as sustainability, conservation, energy sources, biological resources, how our physical environment works, agriculture, how humans impact the environment and how we can manage this.
- How to understand data in numerical and graphical forms such as ratios, fractions, percentages, averages, standard deviations, tables, charts and graphs, and how to plot your own graphs.
- Complete your homework or assignments by giving you feedback and working through this with you to ensure you understand the work, to meet the criteria and to achieve your best grade.
- Write your personal statement to help you get into your chosen University.
DEGREE LEVEL: I look forward to helping you
- Understand statistics and data analysis used in environmental statistics from t-tests, chi square and ANOVAs to linear regressions and multivariate methods, and how to carry these out using Excel, R, SPSS, and PRIMER.
- Learn about key conservation, environment management and ecology theory with examples from real life case studies.
- Learn about experimental design and research methods to ensure you collect valuable data to answer your research question effectively.
- By proof-reading and provide valuable feedback for your essays, assignments, dissertation or thesis to help you achieve your best grade.
COVID-19: Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus outbreak I have made the decision to tutor online only.
Availability: I am available for one-off, weekly, fornightly and weekend sessions based on your requirements. Please don`t hesitate to get in touch.
I am also accepting students for summer sessions to help improve your academic skills and improve your knowledge over the summer break and put you in the best position for starting the new year - whether this is your final GCSE year or A Level Year, or your next year of University.
Willing to travel: Home Only
Experience: I have a first-degree Bachelors in International Wildlife Biology and received a distinction for my Master`s in Marine Environmental Protection. I graduated top of my school in both courses (83%). I have worked as a research assistant in aquaculture nutrition and have various conservation-based experience from across the world worked in various environments from coral reefs and mangroves to forest and savanna. I have teaching experience through community outreach programmes from primary to adult and am currently assisting with online teaching at Bangor University.
My Master`s thesis was in collaboration with the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in America analysing human impacts on coral reefs across the Pacific Ocean. This included analysis of large datasets in R and PRIMER from their long-term monitoring program, and a variety of univariate and multivariate analysis approaches.
Feedback For Jessica (2)
Jess was a fantastic help to my daughter who is a second year zoologist. She helped with essay techniques and style. Thank you Jess From Vanessa
Jess is very friendly and we are off to a good start. Her qualifications are excellent and my son is very happy working with her. Thank you.