Information about Georgi
My name is Georgi and I am a fully qualified Geography Teacher currently working in West Midlands area, UK. I have being teaching geography for over 15 years in total - 9 years in the UK and 6 years in Bulgaria.
Availability: Weekends, evenings.
Willing to travel: 20 miles
Experience: I have completed a 5 year higher educational course of study in compliance with the educational and qualification degree Masters of Geography regional development and tourism, with a Major in Tourism and by resolution of the State Examination Board, dated November 1997 was awarded the professional qualification Geographer. Geography Teacher. The length of my course of study is in accordance with Directive 2005/36/EU.
In compliance with the requirements, my acquired education and qualification entitle me to take up the following posts:
- Geography and Economics Teacher to students aged ten to nineteen years;
- Tutor in a school or halls of residence
- Tutor in a school for students with special educational needs, specifically with chronic disorders;
- Tutor in a school for students with special educational needs, specifically with deviant behavior and in a service division home for children taken into care.
In 16 October 2008 I have attained qualified teacher status (QTS), and met the requirements for employment in maintained school and non-maintained special schools in England and was exempt from requirements to serve a statutory induction period.
Apart from the usual academic and practical studies, I attended various other courses:
- Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) in Mathematics, accredited by The Sutton Park Teaching School Alliance and the NCTL.
- Child Protection Training Safeguarding Children Intermediate.
- Sandwell local authority training One to One Tuition Programme;
- 10 weeks attendance in Return to Teaching Course, run by University of Wolverhampton and Training and Development Agency, where I carried out a field study entitled Education, Development and Sustainability;
Not all students are the same that is way their learning progress is different. By using a variety of methods and approaches I try to match curricular objectives to the range of student`s needs.
I believe that students learn best when they can feel a sense of personal accomplishment in their own learning. I believe that students sense of pride will motivate them to learn even more in future lessons and classes.
I value parents support and will do all that I can to develop the best connections and relationships with students parents. My friendliness, honesty, trust, and faithful commitment will help me build a positive rapport with all parents and guardians. I will also ask parents to contact me if they would like to share positive comments on their childs progress, inform me about any problems their child might have, or ask for extra practice or assistance that I can provide them. I am willing to listen and help in any way that I can.