Canterbury Christ Church University
Teaching Religious Studies in Secondary School
University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Italian and Philosophy with proficiency in Russian
St Dominic`s Sixth Form College
Italian, Spanish, Philosophy and Religious Studies
Gumley House RC Convent School, FCJ
Information about Elyza
I am currently a Religious Studies teacher in a secondary school in London. I was awarded Merit in MA Theology, in 2020, and graduated with an Upper Second Class BA (Hons) degree in Italian and Philosophy with proficiency in Russian, in 2018, from the University of Exeter.
I was awarded a Distinction in Spoken Italian for achieving over 80 in my BA final year speaking exam. Also, I achieved `30 e lode` (Full Marks with Honours) on my term spent as an Erasmus student at the University of Bergamo, in Italy.
Some of my interests are writing, travelling and community work. I was born in the Philippines but I spent half of my childhood in Barcelona and the other half in London.
As mentioned in the `experience` section, I was registered as a tutor on Tutor Hunt from 2012 to 2018. Due to my studies, I had to take a break from running lessons. I thoroughly enjoy tutoring, however, and I am happy to be back on it!
- Saturdays and Sundays, 10am-1pm.
Willing to travel: 4 miles
Experience: I list below my teaching experience in chronological order, starting from the most recent:
- During my year abroad, I worked as a Translation & Language intern for Geakoinè in Bergamo, Italy. I ran private English classes, often one-to-one, for children and adults.
- I was elected President of the Italian Society for the 2017/18 academic year at university, then Educational Officer the following academic year. I had the opportunity to work with a local charity, CoachBright, who is passionate about educational inequality. I delivered Italian Language taster sessions to Key Stage 3 students. I also ran voluntary Italian speaking classes to give other students the opportunity to access Italian classes free of charge.
- In Year 3 at university, I was a Teaching Assistant for the Italian Department. For a term, I ran classes for Year 2 students preparing for their year abroad, helping and supporting them in their CV and Cover Letter writing, as well as interview preparation.
- Throughout years 2 and 3 at university, I took part in the Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Languages Mentor scheme. I carried out one-to-one sessions for Italian and Spanish students as support for their course, both in language production and comprehension.
- I was a Languages Ambassador for Routes into Languages from 2013 to 2014. I promoted language learning, especially rarer languages, within lower years. To achieve this, I ran a term-long Mandarin class for the Year 5 class of St. George`s Catholic Primary School in Harrow-on-the-Hill, London.
- In 2012, I previously registered as a Private Tutor on Tutor Hunt and was active until 2018. I offered tutoring services in Spanish, Italian and French, from beginner to adult learner level. I taught a range of years: Spanish to 5+ year olds; French to 11 year olds and Italian to professionals wanting to improve their CV.
DBS Check: YesContact this Tutor