Emma (Tutor in Oxford)
The University of York
Marine Environmental Management
Related Links: Biology Tutors, Adult Learner Biology Tutors, Primary Biology Tutors, KS3 Biology Tutors, GCSE Biology Tutors, A-Level Biology Tutors, Chemistry Tutors, Primary Chemistry Tutors, KS3 Chemistry Tutors, GCSE Chemistry Tutors, Maths Tutors, Primary Maths Tutors, KS3 Maths Tutors, GCSE Maths Tutors, Physics Tutors, Primary Physics Tutors, KS3 Physics Tutors, GCSE Physics Tutors
Information about Emma
Passionate and caring GCSE and A-Level tutor in STEM subjects:
Hello! I am a final year PhD student studying how sea turtles can adapt to the pressures of climate change. I have worked extensively doing research in the marine conservation sector worldwide, and also have a strong background in environmental consultancy.
I love sharing my interest for the natural world and science in general to students of all ages.
Availability: My current position means that I can fit flexibly around your family timetable.
Willing to travel: 10 miles
Experience: I teach Biology to A-level standard, and Maths, Chemistry and Physics to GCSE level. My teaching experience has been varied, and I will change my style to what works for you.
In the past I have been involved in:
- teaching and tutoring biology and statistics to undergraduate and masters students
- co-supervised masters theses
- co-written and delivered training courses on marine mammal protection policies in New Zealand
- four years of science communication in the UK and at my field site in Cape Verde
- riding instructor to children aged 5-16
- civilian instructor in the Air Training Corps.
Feedback For Emma (1)
Excellent Tutor, really knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My daughter finds her very patient when explaining things and really thorough whilst also making everything interesting.