Rami (Tutor in Greater Manchester)
The University of Warwick
Information about Rami
Hi, I`m Rami. I`m a well-renowned maths tutor, with over 30 unanimous 5-star reviews on online tutor sites ✅;;; AVAILABLE FOR TUITION FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE SEPTEMBER 2019. ⏩;;; OFFERING EXPERT ONLINE TUITION. FREE TASTER SESSION OFFERED TO ONLINE STUDENTS ⏪;;;
During the 2014/2015 academic year, I received the following enquiry:
Thanks for contacting me. I`m looking for someone who can do some intensive tutoring in mechanics 1 over a 9 day period which includes weekends. The dates would be 23 to 31st May. We are looking at a crash course in all of M1. Is this something that you can do?
As you can see, this enquiry was sent on 17th of May and the exam was on the 3rd of June!
This was an huge, but exciting challenge for a young tutor in their FIRST YEAR of tutoring full-time: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Despite the student having minimal prior knowledge of the course, this was the feedback that I received:
Rating: 5/5 Rating
Report: Rami did some intensive revision with my son in mechanics. My son went from a u grade to an a grade thanks to Rami`s tutoring. Rami puts the student very much at ease and is extremely thorough about making certain that the student understands the work before moving on. I would highly recommend Rami to any student I only wish I had found him sooner. Lovely guy."
That`s a U GRADE TO AN A GRADE with only ONE WEEK TUITION!
It was at this moment that I realised I had a real knack for tutoring.
Availability: In your enquiry, please state all available slots between 4pm-9pm Monday-Friday and 10am-9pm Saturday/Sunday.
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: I currently teach mathematics to students of one of the world`s leading professional football clubs.
Six years of full-time experience in tutoring A-Level, GCSE and KS3 students.
Tutored part-time between August 2010-February 2011 and March 2012-June 2013.
I have taught mathematics classes for one of the world`s leading educational institutions to a group of students from Switzerland.
♦;;;️;;; MORE ABOUT ME ♦;;;️;;;
- Previous experience in the actuarial field
- Graduated from The University of Warwick, Mathematics, 2:1 (BSc Hons)
- Achieved the maximum four A grades at A-Level (before introduction of A* grades)
- Full marks in C1, C2, C3 and C4 in A-Level Mathematics (under the old specification)
♦;;;️;;; VALUES AND CONDITIONS OF WHICH I OPERATE ♦;;;️;;;
I operate on a common sense basis to my tutoring and as such NO CONTRACT needs to be signed. Therefore, I work under the following conditions:
1. Any student who wishes to undertake weekly lessons will be classified as a WEEKLY STUDENT. As such, a weekly slot will be provided under the arrangement that all parties can find a mutally agreeable slot.
2. Any student who wishes to undertake lessons that are LESS FREQUENT THAN WEEKLY will be classified as an AD-HOC STUDENT. As such, NO PRE-DETERMINED SLOT will be provided. AD-HOC STUDENTS will take slots as and when cancellations/free slots occur.
3. Any student who is classified as a WEEKLY STUDENT who no longer wishes to conduct lessons on a weekly basis (or it is apparent that they are no longer undertaking weekly lessons) will be re-classified as an AD-HOC STUDENT and as such, will lose their weekly slot.
4. Any AD-HOC student who wishes to become a WEEKLY STUDENT may or may not be able to do so. This is entirely dependent on whether I have the time to slot in a weekly lesson into my schedule for you.
5. I am very understanding about lesson cancellations: family emergencies and illnesses are can happen. Concurrently, for any students who cancel with LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE of the lesson will be provided ONE FREE CANCELLATION per academic year. Thereafter, for any students who cancel with LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE will pay HALF the amount of the lesson.
6. Regarding TASTER SESSIONS; these are only offered for ONLINE STUDENTS. A taster session would purely be used to iron out any teething problems and find a system that works most beneficial for the student. This taster session would last 10-30 minutes and NO MATHEMATICS would be taught during this session.
♦;;;️;;; BENEFITS OF TUITION WITH ME ♦;;;️;;;
- no fixed term contract/commitment
- pro-rata online service for students who wish to contact me
- DBS checked (February 2018)
- in-depth feedback forms for parents/guardians are provided roughly every 6 weeks.
- tailored homeworks set based on what students` weaknesses are, what they have covered in class and their current schedule.
♦;;;️;;; MY SKILLS AND QUALITIES ♦;;;️;;;
- very understanding of individual student abilities and circumstances
- transparent communication between me and tutees
- I am easy to relate to, friendly, patient and professional
♦;;;️;;; IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER TUTOR ♦;;;️;;;
If you are looking for other tutors, then I am happy to help to find the right tutor for you!
Since there are literally hundreds of tutors to choose from, it can be difficult to actually know what constitutes a top quality tutor; especially if you haven`t used one before.
Below, I have provided some criteria that you want to consider. I will also indicate what I provide so you have a useful comparison. You can then mould your questions that you might want to ask tutors based on what is discussed below.
As an example, for A-Level Mathematics, you will want a tutor who:
1. provides plenty of new specification papers (I have around 100 new specification A-Level papers available. Having access to new specification papers is very very important since the old specification papers are not as useful)
2. provides plenty of free resources (for A-Level Mathematics, I provide around 4GB of free resources, that I have spent spent literally thousands of hours producing an organising)
3. ideally has a mathematics degree at undergraduate level from one of the world`s top universities, since this provides evidence that the tutor has attained strong GCSE and A-Level success themselves (I completed my undergraduate mathematics degree at The University of Warwick)
4. has advanced methods of tracking progress and methodical lesson structuring (tracking progress is VERY VERY important to ensure that students dont forget concepts: I personally use colour-coded spreadsheets applying the well known revision technique: "spaced repetition", feel free to search for more details regarding this technique!)
5. really wants students to become independent learners (I have gone as far as providing students with all the best channels to narrow down their searches and teaching the techniques about how to self-study)
There are of course, more criteria, but feel free to message if you would like further assistance finding the right tutor!
I know it can be difficult to find the right tutor: I would say that around 80% of the students I have tutored have used the services of an average of two tutors before they have used my services permanently.
Although students who have sampled the service of another tutor are almost always very complimentary about the other tutor: time and time again, the students continue to prefer my service rather than the other tutors`.
Last year, one of my students tried the services of six tutors and almost dropped A-Level Mathematics, before she used my services permanently!
Therefore, I believe that I have a strong understanding about what makes a top quality tutor because of the information fed to me from other students.
I hope that these criteria help you find the best tutor for you!
DBS (CRB) Check: YesContact this Tutor
Feedback For Rami (5)
Excellent tutor. I would highly recommend him. Organised, helpful reliable, very professional and informative. My son really enjoys his lessons.
Mr Rami has been teaching my son A`Level Maths this year. I am really pleased with his teaching methods and the way he structures and organises each lesson.
He has helped my son to understand what to improve on and how to organise his work.
He has forwarded some very useful revision material and other practice resources as part of the tuition program. My son is already feeling more confident with his approach to Maths.
Mr Rami is quite understanding and flexible if a lesson needs to be rescheduled. In addition he has kept me updated with my son`s performance through detailed feedback reports.
A++ Tutor - Highly recommended.
After one lesson my son was very positive.He is looking forward to the next one.
Rami has helped me improve my techniques in Maths, over the past 8 months. I now have more confidence going into my exams.
Rami is professional and well organised. He checks the pupil`s learning style and based on that he provides the support needed. He provides an ongoing support not just during the lesson, but also through his Pro rata service launch which allows learners to contact him if they struggle. Rami provides regular feedbacks, so parents understand their children`s progress. Highly recommended.