A post-doctoral research associate working in Chemistry with almost 10 years experience teaching chemistry from GCSE to undergraduate level. Currently offering personal chemistry tuition for GCSE and A-Level Chemistry examinations.
I undertook my PhD in polymer chemistry at the University of Liverpool between 2015 and 2019 as one of a handful of John Lennon Memorial Scholarship recipients. My research focused on the design of novel drug delivery systems for the administration of hydrophobic chemotherapeutics. I also completed an undergraduate Masters degree with year in industry at the University of Liverpool (2010-2014), graduating with first class honours and was a recipient of the University of Liverpool Opportunity and Achievement Scholarship. I spent the third year of my degree working in industry for INEOS Technologies (Vinyls) Ltd. in Runcorn, Cheshire.
At the end of the second year of my undergraduate degree I completed the Student Associate Scheme with Edge Hill University. This involved a four week placement in a secondary school, where I taught practical and theoretical aspects of Chemistry at GCSE and A-Level. I also tutored A-Level students online via SKYPE throughout my undergraduate degree.
I achieved a grade A at A-Level (>90%) in Chemistry (AQA exam board, 2010). I therefore have a good knowledge of the course, topics and modules. I have also taught both A-Level and GCSE chemistry each year since 2010 so have kept up to date with changes to course specifications and exams.
I am a friendly with strong communication skills. This allows me to explain concepts of chemistry well which allows students to grasp a greater understanding of the more difficult concepts of the GCSE and A-Level courses.
Availability: I offer both GCSE and A-Level chemistry tuition. However, I have limited availability and am only able to take on two more students during the 2019/2020 academic year.
Tuition sessions are available either at your home, my home or at the University of Liverpool. I`m happy to work to the convenience of the student and their parents.
I prefer to arrange a regular time slot throughout the year as I believe that this is also best for the student.
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: * Currently working as a post-doctoral research associate in the Department of Chemistry at the University of LiverpoolContact this Tutor
* PhD in polymer chemistry at the University of Liverpool (2015-2019).
* Employed as a postgraduate demonstrator, teaching theoretical and practical chemistry to undergraduate students at the University of Liverpool (2015-2017)
* Master`s degree in Chemistry with research in industry at the University of Liverpool, graduating with first class honours (2010-2014)
* 12-month industrial placement, working in chemistry (INEOS, 2012-2013).
* 4-week teaching placement through the Student Associate Scheme with Edge Hill University (2011)
* Experience tutoring both GCSE and A-Level chemistry (2010-present)