Ellie (Tutor in Nottingham)
Information about Ellie
I am a qualified and professional teacher with five years teaching experience. I am friendly, approachable and patient and I believe in building a student's confidence to help them achieve their potential. My passion is teaching science to students of all abilities.
As well as teaching and private tutoring I also work as an Examiner so I have an additional insight into exam preparation. However, as well as preparing students for examinations, I try to inspire them to enjoy and apply science beyond the focus of exams. I strongly believe that learning should be enjoyable and accessible to everyone.
I understand how daunting it can be for parents and students to begin tuition so I am more than happy for parents to stay during my lessons. I am very willing to have a trial lesson to begin with and refund the referral fee if you decide not to continue with tuition. I can provide references and testimonials from my previous students and the schools I have worked for, as well as an enhanced CRB check. I am happy to set homework, mark examination papers and give detailed feedback, as well as organise additional lessons during examination periods.
Availability: I am available weekends and evenings.
Willing to travel: 15 miles
Experience: For the last five years I have taught:
- Combined Science to Key Stage 3 (Year 7-9)
- Biology and Chemistry to GCSE
- Chemistry to A Level
- A range of examination boards, including AQA, OCR, Edexcel and also the IGCSE qualification
- In both a comprehensive and an independent school
- One-to-one sessions to students finding science difficult
- One-to-one sessions to students needing to achieve the highest grades for entry into Medicine and Oxbridge