University College London (University of London)
Information about Sophie
I am an experienced Head of Computing at an outstanding school in Hertfordshire. Last year my students achieved on average two grades above their target grades. I am also an assistant examiner for OCR so I have an in-depth knowledge of what examiners are searching for and can prepare students accordingly. Whilst I teach the OCR syllabus I am confident to tutor for any exam board. I am passionate about teaching and about my subject and I enjoy the challenge of preparing students for their exams.
Availability: I have some availability on weekday afternoons and during the school summer holidays for students who would like some "booster" tuition before the start of the next academic year.
I am not yet able to commit to regular tuition for 21-22.
Willing to travel: 5 miles
Experience: * MSc Computer Science from University College London - Distinction
* 12 years of teaching experience at an outstanding school in Harpenden
* Fully DBS checked - certificate and references can be provided upon request
* Lesson observations have consistently been awarded the highest grades for a number of years
* Head of Department, Lead Practitioner and Specialist Leader of Education
* Experienced in delivery of GCSE and A Level Computer Science
* Assistant examiner for OCR
* Regularly deliver training to newly qualified CS teachers from across Hertfordshire
* Trained facilitator for the National Centre for Computing Education (NCCE)
* Currently studying for Chartered Teacher status with the Chartered College of Teaching
DBS Check: YesContact this Tutor
Feedback For Sophie (2)
My son has had a couple of sessions so far and is finding the tutoring very beneficial. Very reliable and able to relate well to my son