Maths: My GCSE grade was the highest achieved in London when I sat my examination. I have over 10 years experience in teaching Maths and working with kids of all abilities and backgrounds. [I prefer (not compulsory) to teach in 1.5 hour slots]
Whats unique about my tuition?
- I am NOT a teacher by profession - I do this BECAUSE I SIMPLY LOVE WORKING WITH young adults and helping them REALISE THEIR POTENTIAL - it is THE most rewarding of challenges!
- Despite not being a teacher I have 20 years of experience of working WITH children from VARIOUS backgrounds
- My lessons are INDIVIDUALLY tailored - sessions will consist of genuine teaching with me PRESENT AT ALL TIMES.
- I will focus ONLY ON THOSE AREAS your child wants help with there is no pre-prepared work sheets that your child will be left alone to work through whilst I am doing other things
- I will create a learning programme specifically for your child which we will amend regularly to reflect their progress and changing needs
- Before we start any classes, an obligation-free introductory meet will be organised, to set out aims and objectives this gives you the opportunity to interview me and also allows your child to meet me
- I am happy for you to sit in and observe any of the lessons
- You will have my contact details should you ever wish to discuss any concerns, give feedback or ask any questions. In more recent times, children have FaceTime`d me around exam time to go through last minute revision/queries etc and I am absolutely committed to this approach of being available AT ALL TIMES
I have over 12+ years experience of personal tutoring, with a specialty and proven track record in Maths and Business Studies - my GCSE grade was the HIGHEST IN LONDON, I have an A-Level in Mathematics, a FIRST-CLASS DEGREE IN FINANCE and am a qualified Chartered Accountant.
My lessons are ALL individually tailored and focus on learning the theory, doing examples/questions together then moving onto exam question practice and thus building confidence and momentum.
MY METHODS HAVE EVOLVED OVER TIME and I am now confident that IT WILL BRING SUCCESS TO YOUR CHILD. This is supported by the FACT that every single student I have tutored has seen improvement in their grades between the time I met them and them completing their exams - I am TOTALLY HAPPY for you to see references
(CRB certification and references available)
Availability: Weekday evenings - after 7pm
Saturdays - during the day
Willing to travel: 8 miles
Experience: I thoroughly enjoy the challenge of working with children and have been working with various children, from all backgrounds, and learning abilities, for the past 20 years. I started working with kids with reading difficulties through to aiding disabled students, one in particular with MS, at University. Since then, I have focussed more on private maths tutoring, which I have been doing for the past 10 years.
Although I have no formal teaching background, I have the academic platform, and more importantly, the emotional intelligence to work with children - changing my approach based on the individual child`s ability and learning style.
I have conducted a lot of research into tutoring, before I set up, and believe that my approach of making each class tailored to the needs of the child works really well and all of my tutees to date have worked hard and achieved success.
Below, I have listed the grades of my last set of GCSE students (2014/15), along with the grade they were originally predicted:
Student 1 - Achieved a `B`, predicted `D`
Student 2 - Achieved a `A `, predicted `B`
Student 3 - Achieved a `A`, predicted `C`
Student 4 - Achieved a `A `, predicted `A`
Student 5 - Achieved a `B`, predicted `C`
A couple of extracts from feedback I`ve received:
Nilesh has been tutoring my son since May 13. He is excellent has a great rapport with him and the improvement in my son`s maths and the confidence he has gained is wonderful. I would recommend Nilesh to anyone. He`s trustworthy, knowledgeable and really cares about his students.
- Mrs Brett, 2013/14
Comments: Nilesh is passionate about his subject and inspires much needed confidence in my son. He has a natural affinity with children and interacts well with Aran. I am very impressed with his teaching style/methods and would have no hesitation in recommending him as a tutor.
- Miss Perrin, 2011/12
Will Tutor Online: No
Chartered Accountant (ACA)
Birmingham City University